Here is your fight size update for Tuesday, August 3, 2021:
I’ve seen you same “fans” chanting #WeWantWyatt last night chanting “We want beach balls” over @WWEBrayWyatt performing. If the @wwe treated him like he was expendable it was because you ungrateful idiots did first— Ronda Rousey (@RondaRousey) August 3, 2021
"All these Instagram fitness models have these incredible six-, eight-, 12-, 24-pack stomachs. I've got, like, a five-and-a-half pack, sometimes a four-and-a-half-pack!" Johnson says with a laugh. "But the problem was, which a lot of people don't know, in a wrestling match, I tore the top of my quad off my pelvis... It caused a chain reaction and it tore my abdomen wall. I had to do a triple hernia emergency surgery for [three tears]. So, they're not perfect abs!"
- Mojo Rawley took to Instagram to reveal a singlet idea he had for his WWE gear that never saw the light of day on television.
- World Woman Pro-Wrestling Diana founder and current Diana World Champion Kyoko Inoue has tested positive for COVID-19. In other COVID-related news, Marvelous has canceled their 8/8/21 show at Korakuen Hall because of increasing COVID cases and Ryo Mizunami has been released from the hospital following her positive COVID diagnosis.
- Inside Buzz With Mikey Domagala - EP30 - Arash Markazi from NXT:
- The Major Pod Network's Slammiversary Vlog:
- Booker T Reacts to The Fiend Bray Wyatt's WWE Release:
- The Rock Can't Believe Emily Blunt's Phobia Do You Even Know Me UNILAD
- The following has been added to the WWE library on Peacock:
- ECW The Night the Line Was Crossed 1994
- ECW Double Tables 1995
- ECW Heat Wave 1996
- The Smack'em Whack' em Coliseum Home Video
- UK Fan Favorites 1993 Coliseum Home Video
- Ultimate Warrior 1989 Coliseum Home Video
- 1994 The Undertaker Coliseum Home Video
- WWF World Tour 1990 Coliseum Home Video
- WWF World Tour 1991 Coliseum Home Video
- WWF World Tour 1992 Coliseum Home Video
- Wrestling Superheroes Coliseum Home Video
- The 2020 Dream Match Mania Special
- Speaking with Sports Illustrated, Roderick Strong called the end of Undisputed ERA a more difficult career moment than when he decided to leave Ring of Honor.
“I’m not going to say I was ready for it to end, but people had seen a lot of us together,” Strong says. “Had we stayed together and changed brands, that would have been a fresh start for us. But this opportunity came, we spoke about it, and we did it.
“It was the hardest decision of my career, even harder than leaving Ring of Honor. It had worked so well, and we grew together as performers in so many ways. But I trust Hunter [Paul “Triple H” Levesque] and Shawn [Michaels], and they want to see us grow. And if the opportunity ever presents itself to get back together, we’re going to be even bigger, which will make that reunion even better.”
- Shane McMahon Appointed Executive Chairman of Ideanomics
NEW YORK, Aug. 2, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- Ideanomics (NASDAQ: IDEX) ("Ideanomics" or the "Company"), today announced Shane McMahon has been appointed Executive Chairman of the Board. Jim Cassano will become the new Vice Chairman.
McMahon has been involved with the company since 2010, and previously served as Vice Chairman. Prior to Ideanomics, McMahon served as Executive Vice President of Global Media for World Wrestling Entertainment, Inc., where he oversaw the company's consumer products, digital media and publishing divisions worldwide as well as all international revenue streams for WWE.
"We recently launched the transformation of Ideanomics as we vertically enter the exciting EV and hydrogen fuel cell space. We now have a powerful management team in place to ensure Ideanomics' success," said McMahon. "I'm proud of what the new team has achieved in such a short amount of time and more importantly, I am thrilled for what's yet to quickly come. I look forward to helping the company's growth, vision, and momentum stay on track as we enter this new phase for Ideanomics."
"Shane has been an inspirational and passionate leader for Ideanomics, and we are honored to have him as our Executive Chairman," said Ideanomics CEO Alf Poor. "His entrepreneurial approach and marketing acumen have been vital to our recent and anticipated growth. We are excited to be able to leverage his broad business and organizational understanding as we scale the company in the US and globally."
Jim Cassano, a current member of the Board, will bring his extensive leadership experience to the role of Vice Chairman. He has been a key player in helping shape Ideanomics' long-term strategy and has been working hand-in-hand with the executive team to grow the ecosystem of EV and mobility businesses. Cassano is a three-time CEO and has served for more than a decade on the Board of Ideanomics. Additionally he has led a number of private entrepreneurial ventures. For the expanding Ideanomics organization, Cassano brings substantial private equity, venture capital, M&A experience in structuring joint ventures and profitable strategic alliances. Cassano has global experience across numerous financial and business services sectors, including internet software, data services, entertainment, publishing, pharmaceuticals, biotech services, and engineering.
McMahon and Cassano's appointments signals Ideanomics' strong commitment to scale existing synergistic businesses, and the build-out of its vision as a vertically integrated company in the EV and hydrogen fuel cell space.
For more information and news on other Ideanomics subsidiaries, please visit ideanomics.com.
Ideanomics is a global company focused on the convergence of financial services and industries experiencing technological disruption. The Ideanomics Mobility division is a service provider which facilitates the adoption of electric vehicles by commercial fleet operators through offering vehicle procurement, finance and leasing, and energy management solutions under an innovative sales to financing to charging (S2F2C) business model. Ideanomics Capital is focused on disruptive fintech solutions for the financial services industry. Together, Ideanomics Mobility and Ideanomics Capital provide global customers and partners with leading technologies and services designed to improve transparency, efficiency, and accountability, and offer shareholders the opportunity to participate in high-potential growth industries.
- You can check out our interview with Roderick Strong here.
- Tonight, Kevin Owens will be live-tweeting while watching NXT.
“Oh man, Christopher Daniels, Bryan Danielson… and I’m gonna give Samoa Joe the nod over [CM] Punk and the only reason I’m gonna give him the nod over Punk is because I was not there for Punk’s ROH run. He left and I came in 2006, so not to demean or diminish anything he had done, I just was not there for it and then if you gotta have a tag team, you gotta have The Briscoes, right? And if you have to have like an attraction, a special attraction, it’s gotta be [Kenta] Kobashi. So that’s my — what did I say? I said Daniels because I mean he’s the O.G. that started it all with them, Danielson, Samoa Joe, Briscoes, Kenta Kobashi”
- Ric Flair recently got a new boat. Woooo!
Yes, I Am A Mark Myself Sometimes! WOOOOO! pic.twitter.com/6U9z5q91lY— Ric Flair (@RicFlairNatrBoy) August 2, 2021
- Today, WWE stock closed at $48.66.
- Make sure you are subscribed to Fightful Select. A subscription grants you early access to interviews, Q&A opportunities, early looks at breaking news, and more. Also, make sure to check us out on YouTube and Twitch.
- Check out the latest vlog from Sammy Guevara: