Here is your post-Monday Night Raw fight size update for January 23, 2023:
- The Usos (Jimmy & Jey Uso) defended the WWE Raw Tag Team Championship against the Judgment Day (Damian Priest & Dominik Mysterio). The two teams went back and forth, and Finn Balor interfered, hoping to help his stablemates. The official ejected him from ringside, and The Usos got a near fall with a splash. Jimmy hurt his leg on a dive to the outside, and the referee said he couldn't continue. Rather than forfeiting, Sami Zayn stepped up and took his place. Zayn took the fight to the Judgment Day, but Priest caught him with a South of Heaven for a two count. Ripley distracted Uso, and Dominik capitalized with the 619, but Zayn broke up the pin. Zayn tagged back in and hit the 1-D for the win. Backstage, Reigns repeated that he didn't want to see Zayn until Saturday.
- Becky Lynch was scheduled to face Bayley in a Steel Cage Match. Instead, Dakota Kai and IYO SKY attacked her before the match. All three members of Damage CTRL ganged up on Lynch, and the match was seemingly called off before it even started.
- Hulk Hogan kicked off the show and commented on the 30-year anniversary of WWE Raw.
- Backstage, JBL approached The Godfather, who told him that Baron Corbin wasn't on the list for their poker game. But Ron Simmons agreed to let them play in exchange for a hefty payment. Johnny Gargano was spotted at the poker game; he appeared for the first time since his injury was announced. Alundra Blayze and DDP also appeared during the game, as did Ted DiBiase and Irwin R. Schyster (IRS).
- Click here for a list of legends who appeared on the show.
- The Bloodline (Roman Reigns, The Usos, Solo Sikoa, Sami Zayn & Paul Heyman) came to the ring for the trial of Sami Zayn. Paul Heyman presented some incriminating evidence, hoping to prove that Zayn had been part of a conspiracy with Kevin Owens. Just as Reigns was ready to say Zayn was guilty, Jey Uso stepped in and presented evidence that showcased Zayn's loyalty. Reigns stated that Zayn was not guilty for now, but he would face his final test at WWE Royal Rumble.
- LA Knight came to the ring and addressed the return of the Firefly Fun House. He compared the legends at Raw to Wyatt for living in the past. He called out a legend, and The Undertaker, in his American Badass character, responded. Knight said he'd give Undertaker a pass so he could enjoy retirement. Bray Wyatt showed up and came towards Knight, forcing him back into the ring, where The Undertaker grabbed him. The WWE Hall of Famer let Wyatt hit the Sister Abigail on Knight, and he then whispered something in Wyatt's ear.
- D-Generation X (Shawn Michaels, Triple H, Road Dogg & X-Pac) came to the ring, and Kurt Angle walked out with them. He said he always wanted to be a member of DX, and he revealed that he had a DX shirt on. Imperium (Gunther, Giovanni Vinci & Ludwig Kaiser) interrupted and shamed DX for their "filth and nonsense."
- The DX members noted that they couldn't fight Imperium, but Seth Rollins came out. The Street Profits (Angelo Dawkins & Montez Ford) joined forces with him, Kurt Angle offered to be the special guest referee, and Teddy Long came to the stage to officially announce the tag team match.
NOW HOLD ON A MINUTE, PLAYA!@TripleH wasn't about to block the opportunity for a certain WWE Hall of Famer to make a SIX-MAN TAG TEAM MATCH at #RAWXXX!— WWE (@WWE) January 24, 2023
Now you better believe that. pic.twitter.com/DyppypUFSD
- Jerry "The King" Lawler joined the broadcast team for the six-man tag team match between Seth Rollins & The Street Profits (Montez Ford & Angelo Dawkins) and Imperium (Gunther, Giovanni Vinci & Ludwig Kaiser). In the end, Rollins hit the Stomp on Vinci for the win.
- Ric Flair came out and commented on the anniversary of WWE Raw. He addressed SmackDown Women's Champion Charlotte Flair's successful career and called her the greatest women's champion in WWE history. Ric introduced his daughter, and she discussed her remarkable career. She stated that Raw would always be her home, and that brought out Raw Women's Champion Bianca Belair. Belair said Raw is her home. Sonya Deville interrupted and demanded some recognition. Flair then told Belair that, because Raw was her home, she could "handle" Deville, leading to a match between the two.
- Bianca Belair defeated Sonya Deville and said the match was just a preview of what she will do when she faces Alexa Bliss at WWE Royal Rumble. Bliss interrupted on the video screen and stated that she doesn't need Uncle Howdy or anyone to beat Belair on Saturday.
- In an interview, Bobby Lashley discussed his upcoming title match against Austin Theory. MVP interrupted and envisioned Lashley winning the title and celebrating in the VIP Lounge. Lashley told MVP that he didn't need him last week, and he wouldn't need him later in the show. He told MVP to let him handle business himself, and MVP was seemingly upset.
- In the main event, Bobby Lashley challenged Austin Theory for the WWE United States Championship in a No Disqualification Match. Both men used weapons throughout the bout, and Theory even blasted Lashley with a fire extinguisher. In the end, the return of Brock Lesnar helped Theory clinch the win, as "The Beast Incarnate" dropped both men with F5s, but he slammed Theory onto Lashley, and the referee counted the pin.
- Cody Rhodes discussed his looming return in a video package.
Kingdom pic.twitter.com/H5keQeR23Q— Cody Rhodes (@CodyRhodes) January 24, 2023
- The Miz was upset that he didn't get a prominent spot on the special episode of WWE Raw, and he was cut off by the arrival of Kevin Owens, who dropped him with a Stunner. He sent another message to Roman Reigns and stated that he was holding the world hostage. Owens passionately said he would win the gold at WWE Royal Rumble or die trying.
- The Undertaker commented on his appearance and stated that he shared a special moment with Bray Wyatt.
Moments define this industry. This one was special! https://t.co/twvK5NEU6u— Undertaker (@undertaker) January 24, 2023
- In a WWE Digital Exclusive, Rhea Ripley stated that she's ready for the Royal Rumble, and she wants to make history.
- In a WWE Digital Exclusive, X-Pac discussed his memories of WWE Raw.
- On Raw Talk, Kurt Angle discussed his experience as a special guest referee on Monday night.
- Also on Raw Talk, Damage CTRL (Bayley, Dakota Kai & IYO SKY) discussed attacking Becky Lynch. Bayley stated that they are in control. She said that she does what she wants, whenever she wants.
Catch up on our coverage of WWE Raw here. For a full review, check out the post-show podcast on our YouTube channel.