- Kurt Angle comes out to run down the night's event for us.
- He's confronted by Brock Lesnar and Paul Heyman. Heyman says he knows Angle was influenced to get the title off of Lesnar.
- This is an interesting ripple. Heyman is insinuating that WWE is trying to push Lesnar out.
- Heyman says Lesnar will leave WWE if he loses his title at Summerslam.
- This is a brilliant idea to capitalize on the Jon Jones rumors.
Hardy Boyz defeated The Good Brothers
- The Good Brothers are much more comfortable working as heels it would appear.
- This is a good, solid tag matchup. Revival solid on commentary too.
- Anderson takes a hilarious corner bump.
- Good Brothers have no mystique anymore.
- After Hardys win, all hell breaks loose outside and they end up beating up both teams with Twist of Fates and a Poetry in Motion off the ramp. Neat stuff.
- Dean Ambrose is doing some of his best promo work in WWE these days. He says a part of him wants Rollins back as a friend and partner, but he doesn't trust Seth.
- Credit to WWE for taking a couple of guys who were spinning their tires in Rollins and Ambrose and doing something interesting with them.
- Cesaro and Sheamus clown Rollins for not having trust, and say he'll star in "WWE Ride Alone"
- I would watch WWE Ride Alone and just listen to @WWERollins talk about his Madden tournament victories.
- Rollins wants to fight, and Sheamus obliges.
Cedric Alexander, Rich Swann & Akira Tozawa defeated Daivari, TJP & Tony Nese
- Great babyface offense in this match. The match doesn't mean a damn thing, but at least it's fun to watch.
- Heels had a built in heat spot with Tozawa's injury.
- I was told WWE's elimination of purple ropes has made formatting the show more flexible.
- This is the part of the week where I praise Titus.
- Tozawa's deal is that he's not cerebral enough about his injury and needs guidance. It's good.
Miz TV with Jason Jordan
- Man, what a shitty theme they gave Jason Jordan.
- They address Jordan getting booed.
- Miz offers Jordan a spot in the Miztourage. Then Miz takes Jordan to school on a promo.
- Miz gets suplexed into the Miztourage. This is gonna need some work.
Seth Rollins defeated Sheamus (w/ Cesaro)
- So we have a random Downstait "burn it down" lyric in Rollins' theme now. I think he'd be well served to have lyrics.
- Cesaro screaming that Rollins has no friends is hilarious.
- Solid, rather short match that Rollins wins. Cesaro attacks and you know the drill.
- Ambrose tries to help and gets his ass kicked.
Bray Wyatt cuts the same promo
- I'm so sick of the Bray Wyatt gimmick as the Chief of the personality police. We get it. You look different. You have a beard. KEWL.
- Finn Balor teleports into the ring and kicks Wyatt a lot.
Roman Reigns defeated Samoa Joe and Braun Strowman
- You'd be shocked to learn this was a hard hitting, hoss beef battle.
- The Strowman - Reigns toss through the ropes spot is a great one for them.
- Reigns gets a spear and wins an awesome match.
- There wasn't a lot to break down here. They beat the crap out of each other and did it exceptionally well.
Elias defeated Kalisto
- For the life of me, I don't understand the no last name shit.
- Elias gets a good pop from his hometown and heels them with a song.
- Kalisto interrupts. Kalisto is still around.
- Elias is getting good at varying up offense. Not something we saw a lot of from him in NXT.
- Kalisto is a good opponent for a guy like Elias to show off his arsenal.
- Elias hit the Canadian Backbreaker in honor of my trip I bet.
- Alexa Bliss unloads a great promo on Bayley and Sasha Banks. She's shocked Sasha actually lost to Bayley.
- Ambrose tells Rollins not to pick fights he can't finish. This is real good stuff.
- Big Cass with Ahmed Johnson level oils going on.
Bayley defeated Nia Jax via countout
- Seventh televised singles match in nine months between these two.
- Nia paces a lot during her matches and it's hard for production to keep up with her.
- Nia mocks Sasha's side pony tail.
- Bayley takes control, and for some reason Alexa interfering isn't a DQ.
- Nia eats stairs and Bayley gets a countout win. Nice consistency.
Big Cass defeated Big Show (w/ Enzo Amore) via DQ
- Enzo came out and cut a promo.
- Big Cass gets some stock music they use to dub over old ECW themes on the Network or something.
- This match starts at 11 eastern.Working the leg at 11:04 PM EST.
- I've always liked the chop to the chest of a flying opponent spot.
- Enzo causes a DQ....then Big Show knocks Cass out.
- That's it. Holy shit. Bad.