Here is your fight-size update for Tuesday, March 2, 2021:
- Speaking with Sports Illustrated, Shinsuke Nakamura compared Cesaro as a tag team partner to Hiroshi Tanahashi.
“You see his fighting spirit when he’s in the ring,” Nakamura says. “I have a lot of respect for Cesaro. He has power, speed, experience, he knows how to focus on his opponent. He can do everything.”
“Tanahashi and Cesaro, they are much different partners,” Nakamura says. “Cesaro, the way he fought and the way I fought, we had perfect timing. Some people say Cesaro is underrated, but I believe in his ability. He uses real emotion. That’s why he is so believable.”
- Lana congratulated her former television husband, Bobby Lashley on his historic WWE Championship victory on last night's Monday Night Raw.
Say what you will about my history with @fightbobby...this is a man that believed in me and my passion for this business. I couldn’t be more proud of his moment of becoming @WWE Champion. pic.twitter.com/xnhhbG0dTJ— CJ “Lana” Perry (@LanaWWE) March 2, 2021
- Speaking with Women's Wrestling Talk, Deonna Purrazzo praised Taya Valkyrie for her historic run with the Knockouts Championship before proclaiming that she intends to break her record.
“I feel like people didn't think I was giving Taya credit for her accomplishment, right? to be the longest-reigning knockouts champion of all time is an amazing feat. You have to consistently be on top of your game… you're challenging top contenders...I've proved in the last... almost a year that I've been able to do that too, and successfully defend my knockout championship time and time again... So you know, it's all about being able to study your opponent and knowing who you're getting in the ring with and knowing what the weaknesses and exploiting that weakness that's what The Virtuosa does best. So you know, who's ever next in line for a championship match...That's exactly what I'm going to do.”
- Check out the top 10 moments of Monday Night Raw at this link.
- Speaking with Sportskeeda, Sami Callihan stated that he still has much left to accomplish in his career and an IMPACT Wrestling.
“I'm not a complacent person. I’m a very goal-oriented person. I wanted to be a World Champion... I was World Champion. But that's not good enough for me. I always wanted to get better. Throughout my career, I always wanted to keep evolving, and that's what I'm going to do.”
- Bobby Lashley and Apollo Crews are headed to WWE After the Bell.
Just two days after defeating The Miz in a Lumberjack Match to win his first WWE Championship, Bobby Lashley sits down with Corey Graves and Vic Joseph for a must-listen WWE After the Bell, arriving on Spotify and other podcast platforms tomorrow morning.
The special episode – available one day earlier this week – will dive into The All Mighty’s WWE Championship mindset as he approaches WrestleMania with the most illustrious prize in sports-entertainment in his possession.
Also joining WWE ATB is Apollo Crews, who is picking up steam on SmackDown following a big victory over Shinsuke Nakamura this past Friday night. Can Crews’ new, more aggressive attitude carry him to all-new heights on the blue brand as The Road to WrestleMania stretches out before us?
Don’t miss WWE After the Bell when it drops tomorrow on Spotify or wherever you get your podcasts!
Big E and Liv Morgan are hoping that the recent intrigue around pro wrestling from rappers will lead to another Def Jam Vendetta game.
I second this https://t.co/Tf76Aoy3Dt— LIV Morgan (@YaOnlyLivvOnce) March 2, 2021
- Wrestling Plug Inc recently spoke with Christian Mox, an up-and-coming independent talent who dated one goal he has for this year is to wrestle more outside of Texas.
"To wrestle out of state as much as possible this summer, win titles everywhere, and become a top name in Texas. It’s Trophy Season!"
- WWE stock closed today at $52.90 per share. This was an increase of .78%
- Make sure you are subscribed to Fightful Select. A subscription grants you early access to interviews, Q&A opportunities, early looks at breaking news, and more. Also, make sure to check us out on YouTube and Twitch.