Here's your fight-size update for the evening of August 21, 2020:
- Both Triple H and WWE Champion Drew McIntyre joined ESPN's First Take and during the segment, Stephen A. Smith said he'd love to be a heel manager in WWE if he ever got the chance. You can check out the segment at the top of the page.
- Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson and Dany Garcia have announced on Twitter that the deal to acquire the XFL is done.
The deal is official closed and “the keys” to the XFL have been handed over. I humbly accept and promise to put my callouses to hard work building our new brand. Congrats to my partners @DanyGarciaCo & #GerryCardinale and our sharp, hungry team. #XFLOwner #ForTheLoveOfFootball pic.twitter.com/ctwRlewxxA— Dwayne Johnson (@TheRock) August 21, 2020
The deal is officially closed!— Dany Garcia (@DanyGarciaCo) August 21, 2020
Excited & humbled to be the first woman to ever own an American major sports league. A big thank you to @TheRock & #GerryCardinale & our incredible teams for all their work the past few months. More #bigmoves to come! #xflowner #ForTheLoveOfFootball pic.twitter.com/pHxSqaenRa
- As previously mentioned, FOX will air a "SummerSlam’s Hottest Moments" two-hour special on August 22 at 4 p.m. ET. It's now been revealed that the broadcast will be hosted by Renee Young and Booker T.
- WWE stock closed at $42.73 per share when the stock market closed this afternoon.
- Gerald Brisco gives Chris Jericho a real sick burn on Twitter.
Yes, but you are in that dangerous age Brackett— Gbrisco-- (@Fgbrisco) August 21, 2020
- A GoFundMe to help out Larry Csonka's daughters has been set up and you can donate to it at this link.
- A GoFundMe for “The Headliner” Chris Michaels, who recently had to undergo reconstructive surgery on both his shoulder and biceps, can be seen here.
- The IIconics are a part of the first “What the Hell’s on Your Cell?”
- According to Cassidy Haynes, there is no truth to reports of Shane McMahon being considered to take over Raw, which would lighten Bruce Prichard's work load.
- McIntyre and current WBC Heavyweight Champion Tyson Fury continue their feud on Twitter.
Anything to duck the AJ fight, ey? You know where to find me dosser. Let’s make history ---- https://t.co/FcECnuVv9E— Drew McIntyre (@DMcIntyreWWE) August 21, 2020
- Tony Nese has a message for all the up-and-coming cruiserweights, including his 205 Live opponent Jake Atlas.
.@TonyNese tried to help @swerveconfident on the right path on #205Live. Now, he has no desire to help the up-and-coming cruiserweights, including his opponent tonight @iamjakeatlas! pic.twitter.com/oSIwr7ta22— 205 Live (@WWE205Live) August 21, 2020
- Subscribe to Fightful Select, for podcasts, exclusive and early news, and much more.
- Also, make sure to subscribe to the Fightful YouTube channel for Fightful's podcasts and more.