Here’s your fight-size update for Friday, March 12, 2021:
- AJ Kirsch, the former MLW announcer, is starting a tell-all podcast on his time as a contestant on WWE Tough Enough.
10yrs ago, I was on season five of @WWEToughEnough, a truly surreal experience in casting, shooting & beyond.— A.J. Kirsch (@AJKirsch) March 11, 2021
Let’s dive in.@TheToughTalkPod: A tell-all podcast 10yrs after #ToughEnough.
Preview ep available NOW: https://t.co/ATgFcN10VA
Twitter, IG, FB all @TheToughTalkPod pic.twitter.com/Ow0Eu0W7Hk
- Rich Swann recently spoke to Daily DDT and named his dream opponents now that the forbidden door is wide open with both All Elite Wrestling and New Japan Pro-Wrestling.
“One would be Darby Allin from AEW. I think that would definitely be an interesting match and an interesting clash of styles. And I think that he is another piece of the puzzle that can be the future of this business. Another person that I’ve seen who has been blazing the world up, you know, and making headlines all over. He’s been on New Japan USA and in the Cup and that’s Lio Rush. Rush is one of the most amazing competitors bar none, stature whatever. Rush is not only one of the best competitors in the ring, but when you get him on that microphone, he’s one of the most charismatic stars you’ll ever see in this industry and I would love to go toe to toe with him. Speaking of New Japan faithful, I would love to step back in the ring with a new leveled-up Will Osprey. We wrestled before in England, but to have a chance to wrestle him now I bet we would blow the game up.”
- Following the news of Andrade requesting his release, Cinta de Oro, who portrayed Sin Cara in WWE, posted the following on Instagram:
- During an interview with WrestleZone, Jordynne Grace pointed out the positives and her recent tag team partner, Jazz. The parent will challenge for the Knockouts Tag Team Championship at IMPACT Sacrifice.
“One of the things that stood out most about Jazz is how long she’s been wrestling and how she’s looked up to as a legend, but how down-to-Earth she still is. That’s one of the things I’ve taken away from her. She doesn’t have an ego at all and she’s been around longer than all of us, she’s done more than all of us,” Grace explained, “ it seems like the same person she was when she first started like mentality-wise. She still wants to be one of the hardest workers in the room and she doesn’t just want to ride on her ‘legend’ status, I guess you could say. So I definitely say I’ve taken that away from her and I hope that when I’ve been wrestling as long as her that I can stay as down to Earth as she has.”
- Batista has a new tattoo of Medusa. Sadly, it is not WWE Hall of Famer Alundra Blayze.
- Adam Cole has his first-ever shirt as a solo act in NXT.
- Jim Johnston, in an interview with Sportskeeda, commented on working with Lemmy from Motorhead.
“To have spent any time with someone like Lemmy, who is truly a legend in the rock world, just a really interesting guy. A man not without his difficulties but, again, a complete and utter gentleman to me every step of the way. Can’t speak highly enough of him.”
- WWE stock today closed at $57.21 per share this is a decrease of 1.63% from yesterday.
- CM Punk and Renee Young have thoughts concerning ESPN’s hockey coverage.
But. But. Buuuuttttt you guys know that there’s plenty of knowledgeable, passionate, hockey broadcasters that already exist right? Instead of pretending that hockey is the red headed stepchild? May I nominate @Jackie_Redmond or @JSB_TV -- shit, I’d love to do it. @espn https://t.co/0dIQR4Zmtt— Renee Paquette (@ReneePaquette) March 12, 2021
I’ve got the look down. Put me in coach! pic.twitter.com/BAzV8sifB7— player/coach (@CMPunk) March 12, 2021
- Make sure you are subscribed to Fightful Select. A subscription grants you early access to interviews, Q&A opportunities, early looks at breaking news, and more. Also, make sure to check us out on YouTube and Twitch.