Tommy Dreamer extended an offer of sorts to William Regal.
Regal was released by WWE on January 5. Following his in-ring career, Regal had been the on-screen General Manager of NXT from July 2014 until the NXT 2.0 relaunch in September 2021. Regal was also the WWE Director of Talent Development and Head of Global Recruiting, overseeing Performance Center tryouts and scouting various Independent shows to look for WWE talent.
Speaking on Busted Open Radio, Tommy Dreamer noted that he shot Regal a text after his release, letting him know he was welcome in IMPACT Wrestling.
"If you look at management and, let's say the New York Giants, their GM [Dave Gettleman] is retiring and there goes the head coach [Joe Judge] he picked and everyone associated with that person. Triple H is no longer in charge and everyone associated with him is gone. The only guy who remains is Shawn, but Shawn was a Vince guy before he was a Triple H guy. Regal fell a part of that. The moment I heard, I shot him a text that said, 'Hey, if you want to be a commentator at IMPACT or a General Manager figure, just let me know.' He will have something when he chooses to," said Dreamer.
Following his WWE release, Regal posted a statement thanking WWE for his time in the organization. You can view his full statement by clicking here.
Fightful will have live coverage of IMPACT Wrestling beginning at 8 p.m. on Thursday.
If you use any of the quotes above, please credit the original source with a h/t and link back to Fightful for the transcription.