With Team NXT not being complete yet, talks of Triple H donning their colors have risen, but the former WWE Champion has shot down any possibilities of competing at this weekend’s Survivor Series.
During a media call for NXT TakeOver: WarGames, Triple H was asked whether or not the idea of him competing on Team NXT for Survivor Series had been thrown around. Triple H answered by saying that he absolutely will not be on Team NXT for the event, taking place on November 24, and has no interest in doing so because he wants to give the current members of the roster their time in the spotlight.
“I have no interest in that. I have zero interest in that. As a matter of fact, if someone came down to me and said, ‘Hey, you should take that spot,’ I would fight that vigorously. I don’t need to be a part of that. NXT is about youth. NXT is about the future. It’s about the success of a new generation of stars. If ever there is a moment that you can add to that and help that get to another level, obviously, you want to do everything to help make it happen. But for me, in this moment, it’s about others. I want them to shine on this stage. I want them to have this moment," Triple H said.
On the topic of teams, Triple H also commented on the final member of Team Ciampa for the men’s WarGames match taking place at NXT TakeOver: WarGames. Triple H admitted that the final member will end up being revealed the day of the event.
“I know that at WarGames, there’s going to be an open slot for the Ciampa team. That’s going to be a day of [decision] when people find out. It’s going to be epic and people will be excited,” Triple H said.
The media call can be heard in the video at the top of the page. If you use any of the quotes above, please credit Fightful.