Here is your fight size update for WWE Friday Night SmackDown and AEW Rampage on Friday, August 6, 2022:
- The Usos told Sami Zayn that he needed to step up on Friday night. "The Honorary Uce" repeatedly tried to make his way into Roman Reigns' locker room, but the brothers stopped him. They tried to stall him, but when Zayn forced the issue and asked if he was even a member of the group, Jimmy and Jey told him that if he didn't rise to their level, he'd have to take his Bloodline shirt off.
- Shayna Baszler won a gauntlet match to earn a shot at WWE SmackDown Women's Champion Liv Morgan at WWE Clash at the Castle.
- Speaking of Morgan, she briefly addressed her controversial win over Ronda Rousey at SummerSlam, and the fans chanted, "You tapped out" at her. Later, in a Digital Exclusive, she vowed to do anything to keep her title.
- Shinsuke Nakamura won the right to challenge Gunther for the WWE Intercontinental Champonship next week by defeating Ludwig Kaiser on Friday night.
- SmackDown ended in a shocking manner when Karrion Kross returned and laid out Drew McIntyre after the latter confronted Undisputed WWE Universal Roman Reigns, his opponent at Clash at the Castle.
- Ricochet got the last laugh over Happy Corbin. He poked fun at Corbin's SummerSlam loss to Pat McAfee and wound up defeating the former King of the Ring in a singles match, thanks to a timely assist from the SmackDown broadcaster. In a Digital Exclusive after the bout, Ricochet stated that the victory was the first of many to come.
- Kofi Kingston earned some revenge over The Viking Raiders. After the powerhouses took out Xavier Woods with a brutal assault last week, Kingston brought the fight to Erik and Ivar after the duo defeated some local talent. Kingston then defeated Erik in a singles match.
- During SmackDown, WWE announced that the tournament to crown the new WWE Women's Tag Team Champions will begin Monday night on WWE RAW. In a Digital Exclusive, Adam Pearce discussed the news.
- Check out the full results for SmackDown at this link.
- AEW Rampage kicked off with a bloody battle between Jon Moxley and Mance Warner. In the end, the AEW Interim World Champion choked "Mancer" out to pick up the hard-fought win.
- Madison Rayne won her AEW in-ring debut by defeating Leila Grey. TBS Champion Jade Cargill then dared her to accept the open challenge for her title match Wednesday night on AEW Dynamite, and the broadcast team later confirmed the bout.
Undefeated TBS Champion Jade Cargill invites Madison Rayne to her Open Challenge for the TBS title this Wednesday LIVE at #AEWDynamite #QuakeByTheLake on TBS!— All Elite Wrestling (@AEW) August 6, 2022
We are LIVE on TNT with #AEWRampage right now! pic.twitter.com/OZF2M0sEKL
- Konosuke Takeshita picked up more momentum before AEW Battle of the Belts III. He defeated Ryan Nemeth on Friday night, one day before he challenges Claudio Castagnoli for the ROH World Championship on Saturday.
- The tournament for the AEW World Trios Championship is starting to take shape. In a backstage segment, Trent Beretta pitched the idea of the Best Friends competing for the gold, and they agreed to do so.
- Ricky Starks could use some friends of his own. After Powerhouse Hobbs betrayed him last week and left him lying on Wednesday, The Factory approached the former FTW Champion and offered him some protection. But "The Stroke Daddy" rejected the group, and after he walked away, QT Marshall teased that they would "get" him.
- In a video package, The Lucha Brothers and the team of RUSH and Andrade El Idolo previewed their looming Tornado Tag Team match.
This Wednesday LIVE on #AEWDynamite #QuakeByTheLake at 8pm ET/7pm CT/8pm PT on TBS, @pentaelzerom+@reyfenixmx will face @AndradeElIdolo+@rushtoroblanco in a Tornado Tag Match!— All Elite Wrestling (@AEW) August 6, 2022
Watch #AEWRampage Now on TNT! pic.twitter.com/jSVjojLEd8
- In the main event on Friday, Keith Lee and Swerve Strickland battled Tony Nese and Josh Woods in a Friday Night Street Fight. The interference of Mark Sterling helped his clients take control at several points, but Lee removed him from the equation by slamming him through a table. In the end, the reigning AEW World Tag Team Champions scored the win.
- You can see the full results for Rampage here.
- You can also see a review podcast for both AEW Rampage and WWE SmackDown below: