Here is your post-SmackDown Fight Size Update for Friday, April 30, 2021.
- Bianca Belair picked up the win for herself and The Street Profits, defeating Bayley and The Dirty Dawgs (Dolph Ziggler and Robert Roode). After the match, Montez Ford said that this is their first step in reclaiming the SmackDown Tag Team Titles. He and Angelo Dawkins "live for the grind," and are not going to let their loss a couple of weeks ago slow them down.
- After losing to Cesaro at WrestleMania 37, and then losing again to Cesaro and Daniel Bryan last week in Tag Team action, Seth Rollins has issued another challenge to the Swiss Superstar. Later in the night, Cesaro accepted and will face Rollins next week on a special Throwback Edition of Friday Night SmackDown.
- Natalya and Tamina defeated the Women's Tag Team Champions in a non-title match after Tamina hit Shayna Baszler with a Superfly Splash. Despite losing to Nia Jax and Baszler at WrestleMania 37, Natalya and Tamina have remained in the title hunt after Natalya defeated Baszler in singles action two weeks ago.
Lana and Naomi also defeated the Champions on the April 19 episode of Raw.
- A new vignette aired for Aleister Black, as he read "Chapter 2: Reality" from his 'Tales of the Dark Father' book.
- Dominik and Rey Mysterio spoke with Kayla Braxton backstage and reflected upon the fact that they may have another opportunity at the Tag Team Titles coming soon. Dominik says teaming with his dad is like being in a comic book, while Rey calls working with his son the best experience of his life.
- Commander Azeez caused a disqualification finish in tonight's Intercontinental Championship match just when it looked like Big E was going to pin Apollo Crews. Kevin Owens came out and joined forces with Big E, beating up Crews and Azeez, but Sami Zayn intervened and delivered a Helluva Kick to take Owens out of the picture. He then tried to raise Apollo and Azeez's hands but was hit with the Nigerian Nail despite lending a helping hand.
After @CommanderAzeez got involved in the #ICTitle match between @WWEBigE & @WWEApollo, @FightOwensFight & @SamiZayn made their presence felt! What's next for these four? #SmackDown pic.twitter.com/rfm4JhusAX— WWE (@WWE) May 1, 2021
- Roman Reigns defeated Daniel Bryan in the main event of SmackDown, retaining his Universal Title and thus banishing Bryan from the blue brand. Cesaro tried to help his friend after the match, but was neutralized by Jey Uso and made to watch as Roman deliver a Con-Chair-To to an unconscious Bryan.
- Make sure you are subscribed to Fightful Select. A subscription grants you early access to interviews, Q&A opportunities, early looks at breaking news, and more. Also, make sure to check us out on YouTube and Twitch.