Here's your fight-size update for the evening of October 8, 2020:
- WWE announced that it will announce its Q3 financial report and earnings call on October 29 at 5 p.m. ET. On the earnings call will be Vince McMahon and WWE Chief Financial Officer Kristina Salen. Fightful will have ongoing coverage of the earnings call and financial report.
- Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson achieved an unbelievable milestone on Instagam as he has surpassed 200 million followers on the platform and did a video about it which can be seen below.
Here’s what I’ve learned these past few weeks and maybe, you can find value in this take away and apply it to your own life. Always speak your truth. And when you do speak your truth - do your best to speak with dignity, compassion, respect, poise and empathy. Even when the conversations get uncomfortable - when you approach with respect and care - on the other side of discomfort - is clarity and progress. THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU for giving me the space to speak my truth. You have my word, I’ll always do my best to speak my truth with dignity, respect, empathy and GRATITUDE. That’s my lesson I’ve learned. And the result of speaking my truth is I was just informed, I’ve surged past and blown by 200 MILLION FOLLOWERS on Instagram and over 300 MILLION FOLLOWERS across all platforms - officially becoming/ The #1 followed man in America. The #1 followed American man in the world. And most importantly, the #1 daddy at home. Love you guys, I always got your back and let’s keep rockin’ ------ #speakyourtruth #dignityrespectgratitude #thatsoursuperpower ----
- WWE stock closed at $39.85 per share when the stock market closed this afternoon.
- PWI will be doing a special top 50 tag team list.
As just announced in our email newsletter, PWI will be releasing a special tag team-themed issue featuring the first-ever PWI Tag Team 50!— PWI (@OfficialPWI) October 8, 2020
This competitive ranking will feature unique criteria and be entirely gender-inclusive. Read more here: https://t.co/cHKpBVfqia
- You can donate to a GoFundMe served to help with Jim Valley's medical costs at this link.
- WWE did a video commemorating Jerry Lawler's recent 50th anniversary in the wrestling business.
- IMPACT Wrestling did a "Best of Bound For Glory" playlist on YouTube in anticipation for this month's show.
We've put together a special Best of Bound For Glory playlist featuring full matches, documentaries, full shows and more to prepare you for October 24th LIVE on PPV! #BFG2020— IMPACT (@IMPACTWRESTLING) October 8, 2020
WATCH HERE: https://t.co/Z9DEXpFtd6 pic.twitter.com/DvesOZGNQO
- Subscribe to Fightful Select, for podcasts, exclusive and early news, and much more.
- Also, make sure to subscribe to the Fightful YouTube channel for Fightful's podcasts and more.