Welcome to Fightful's live coverage and discussion for Monday Night WWE Raw!!
Join us for live coverage, and comment on our boards below, or our forums by registering for FREE at fightful.com.
Here is the Raw post-show podcast:
- The show starts with highlights from the WWE Elimination Chamber event.
- Highlights are then shown of Ronda Rousey’s contract signing.
- WWE Raw Women’s Champion Alexa Bliss and Mickie James make their way to the ring, Bliss has a microphone and she talks about winning the women’s Elimination Chamber match. Bliss says she has set the new standard for being the WWE Raw Women’s Champion, Bliss also talks about what James did in the chamber match. Bliss also talks about everybody else who participated in the chamber match as well, Bliss says she defeated Sasha Banks last night due to Bank’s massive ego problem. Bliss then promises to break Asuka’s winning streak at ‘Mania 34, Asuka makes her way to the ring before getting in the face of Bliss and James.
Bliss talks about what Nia Jax did to Asuka at the Elimination Chamber event, Bliss then says that Jax deserves to be at ‘Mania 34. Bliss mocks Asuka before Jax makes her way to the ring, Asuka attacks Bliss and James before Jax takes her out, Asuka fights back before getting attacks by James and Bliss. Bayley and Sasha Banks come into the ring to even the odds, Jax takes Banks and Bayley out before Bliss drops Asuka.
Mickie James, Nia Jax & Alexa Bliss vs. Sasha Banks, Bayley & Asuka
The match begins with James working on the arm of Bayley before dropping her with a shoulder tackle, Bayley fights back and she throws James into the turnbuckles a few times. Bayley slams James before landing an elbow drop for a near fall, James fights back and she nails Bayley with a hurricarana followed by a forearm strike. Jax tags in and she nails Bayley with a headbutt, Bliss tags in and she attacks Bayley with some strikes. Bayley eats a few kicks before dropping Bliss face first on the top turnbuckle, Bayley drops Bliss before getting a near fall on a pin attempt. Banks tags in and she rolls up Bliss for a near fall, Banks then hits Bliss with a double knee strike for another near fall.
Bliss fights back and Banks catches her with another roll up for another near fall, Banks catches Bliss with a knee strike followed by a slingshot double knee strike for a near fall. Bliss rolls out of the ring and Banks kicks her alongside James, Banks throws Blis in the ring and Jax runs through Banks on the arena floor. Bliss gets Banks in the ring for a near fall on a pin attempt, Bliss would then stomp away on the head of a downed Banks. Bliss slows thing down further by holding Banks in a chin lock, Bliss releases the hold to stomp away on Banks as we go to a commercial break.
We return from the break to see Jax holding Banks in a cobra clutch, Banks gets free and Jax gets her in the corner. Jax would then choke Banks on the middle rope, James tags in and she drops Banks before landing a running kick to the head for a near fall. James applies the chin lock to a downed Banks, Banks gets free and James corners her before tagging Bliss in. Bliss gets Banks down before smashing her face on the mat a few times, Bliss reapplies the chin lock to Banks. Banks gets free and Bliss drops her with a clothesline before attacking Asuka, Banks catches Bliss with a suplex before Bayley refuses to tag into the match.
James and Asuka eventually get tagged into the match by their respective partners, Asuka quickly cleans house on the opposing team. Asuka then hits James with a knee strike followed by a ton of kicks, Asuka nails James with a head kick for a near fall. Bayley returns to the ring and she attacks Bliss, Asuka catches James in an arm bar and a tap out follows.
Winners: Sasha Banks, Bayley & Asuka
- Highlights are shown of John Cena’s appearance on Raw Talk.
- John Cena makes his way to the ring and he has a microphone in hand, Cena takes his time staring at the ‘Mania 34 sign. Cena says that he failed at winning the men’s Elimination Chamber match last night, Cena says he felt demoralized at his loss last night. Cena says that he he goes through failure alone, Cena also talks about how his character is being put to the test. Cena says he has to figure out his road to ‘Mania 34 and that’s what he has done, Cena then says he is challenging The Undertaker to a match at ‘Mania 34. Cena then says that the match with ‘Taker isn’t happening, Cena also says that he was told a match with ‘Taker is impossible. Cena then says he is going to Smackdown Live tomorrow night to earn a spot on the ‘Mania 34 card.
- Bray Wyatt attacks Rhyno before the match begins followed by nailing Heath Slater with a cross body block, Wyatt then hits Rhyno with a uranage. Wyatt would then hit Slater with an avalanche followed by a bunch of strikes. Wyatt then hits Slater with Sister Abigail. Wyatt grabs a microphone and he blames Matt Hardy for what he did tonight, Wyatt then says the great war is far from over and they will battle again.
- The Miz and The Miztourage are shown walking backstage.
- Another Ronda Rousey contract signing video package airs.
- The Miz and The Miztourage make their way to the ring, Miz grabs a microphone and he talks about being on the Road To ‘Mania 34. The Miz talks about wanting to be in Los Angeles tonight instead of Anaheim, Miz says he is 62 days away from being the longest reigning WWE Intercontinental Champion of all time. The Miz talks about how big of a star he is inside and outside of the WWE, Miz then complains about the lack of promotion from the WWE. The Miz then says he spoke with Raw GM Kurt Angle about the plans for ‘Mania 34, Miz says that Angle says tonight’s opponent may determine his challenger at ‘Mania 34. Seth Rollins makes his way to the ring as we go to a commercial break.
Non-Title Match: The Miz (WWE Intercontinental Champion) w/The Miztourage vs. Seth Rollins
The match begins with Miz applying a headlock to Rollins, Miz then drops Rollins with a shoulder tackle. Rollins catches Miz with a hip toss before Miz escapes a penalty kick by rolling out of the ring, Miz gets back in the ring and Rollins nails him with a shoulder tackle. Rollins drops Miz with a snap mare before landing a penalty kick, Rollins then clotheslines Miz out of the ring. Rollins follows Miz out of the ring to land a few strikes, The Miztourage distracts Rollins and Miz knocks him from the ring apron to the barricade. Miz goes out of the ring to drop Rollins on the top of the barricade, Miz gets Rollins in the ring for a near fall on a pin attempt.
Miz slows things down further by holding Rollins in a chin lock, Miz releases the hold to catches Rollins with a strike to the midsection. Miz follows that up by attacking Rollins with the It Kicks, Rollins catches Miz with a roll up after a failed final It Kick. Rollins then attacks Miz with chops before Miz propels him out of the ring as we go to a commercial break, we return from the break to see Miz and Rollins having a striking exchange. Rollins gets to the ring apron before catching Miz with a springboard clothesline followed by a sling blade, Rollins then hits Miz with a blockbuster for a near fall. Miz recovers and he sends Rollins into the ropes before landing a DDT for a near fall, Miz would then nails a cornered Rollins with several drop kicks and a clothesline.
Miz goes to the top rope and Rollins crotches him before following him up there, Miz attacks Rollins to knock him off the ropes. Rollins returns to nail Miz with a superplex into a falcon arrow for a near fall, Rollins waits for Miz to get up to land a side kick. Rollins then catches Miz with a roll up before nailing The Miztourage with a suicide dive, Rollins then clotheslines Miz out of the ring before taking everybody out with a suicide dive. Rollins gets Miz in the ring and he lands the Resolution Knee, Rollins goes for a frog splash and he lands it for the three count.
Winner: Seth Rollins
After the match, Finn Balor comes out and he enters the ring as Seth Rollins makes his exit.
Non-Title Match: The Miz (WWE Intercontinental Champion) w/The Miztourage vs. Finn Balor
The match starts with The Miztourage immediately jumping Balor to cause a DQ.
Winner: Finn Balor, by DQ
After the match, The Miz and The Miztourage continue attacking Balor until Karl Anderson and Doc Gallows come out to even the score. Anderson battles Axel as Gallows battles Dallas on the arena floor, WWE Raw GM Kurt Angle appears on the big screen to eject everybody from ringside except for The Miz and Finn Balor.
Non-Title Match: The Miz (WWE Intercontinental Champion) w/The Miztourage vs. Finn Balor
The match begins with Miz nailing Balor with a clothesline in the corner, Miz nails Balor with a DDT for a near fall. Miz would then mount Balor and assault him with a plethora of strikes for another near fall, Miz then tosses Balor out of the ring. Miz follows him out there and Balor attacks him with strikes, Balor would then toss Miz into the ring steps. Balor gets Miz in the ring and Miz kicks him in the midsection, Miz catches Balor with a suplex for a near fall. Miz then hits Balor with another DDT for another near fall, Balor fights back and Miz crushes him with a running knee strike for a near fall as we go to a commercial break.
We return from the break to see Miz holding Balor in a chin lock, Balor gets free after nailing Miz with a jaw breaker. Balor follows that up by nailing Miz with an overhead kick, Balor then kicks Miz in the face before landing some forearm strikes. Balor drops Miz before landing a double stomp, Miz goes to the corner and Balor nails him with some running chops. Miz recovers and goes to the top rope, Balor catches Miz with an enzaguri followed by a falling elbow drop for a near fall. Balor almost gets the three count with a roll up before Miz nails him with a neck breaker for a near fall, Miz misses an It Kick and Balor drops him before landing the Yes Kicks for a near fall.
Miz rolls out of the ring and Balor uses a shotgun drop kick to propel him into the barricade, Balor gets Miz in the ring to land a second shotgun drop kick. Balor then hits Miz with a Coup De Grace for a three count.
Winner: Finn Balor
- Renee Young interviews Seth Rollins, who wonders what he was trying to prove by beating The Miz after he did it a short time earlier. Rollins says there is more than one Road To ‘Mania and he challenges The Miz to a WWE Intercontinental Title Match at the event.
- Ronda Rousey and Kurt Angle are shown talking backstage.
- Roman Reigns makes his way to the ring and he has a microphone in hand, Reigns says he’s a man of his word and he won the men’s Elimination Chamber match. Reigns says he will now go to ‘Mania 34 and will beat Brock Lesnar, Reigns then says that Lesnar isn’t here tonight. Reigns says that Lesnar is an entitled piece of crap who hides behind his contract, Reigns says that Lesnar was in Las Vegas last night taking pictures with UFC President Dana White. Reigns says that Lesnar has no respect for anybody in the WWE, Reigns talks about his families history in professional wrestling. Reigns says he has no respect for Lesnar and he doesn’t fear him either, Reigns says he is going backstage to now get chewed out by management.
- Braun Strowman speaks from backstage, saying that he will perform a symphony of destruction on Elias.
- A WWE Celebrates Black History Month video airs.
WWE Raw Tag Team Title Match - 2 Out Of 3 Falls Match: The Bar (Sheamus & Cesaro) (Champions) vs. Titus Worldwide (Titus O’Neil & Apollo) w/Dana Brooke
The fall begins with Cesaro distracting O’Neil so Sheamus can nail him with a Brogue Kick for the three count.
Fall #1 Winners: The Bar
The fall begins with Cesaro nailing Apollo with a knee strike, Apollo recovers to catch Cesaro with a middle rope high cross body. Apollo catches Cesaro with a few roll ups for a few near falls, Sheamus tags in and Apollo nails him with a drop kick for a near fall. O’Neil tags in and he corners Sheamus before eating a strike, Cesaro tags in and O’Neil nails him with a shoulder block. O’Neil gets Cesaro near the ropes before landing some chops, Apollo tags in and he double teams Cesaro alongside O’Neil. Apollo catches Cesaro with an elbow drop for a near fall, O’Neil tags in and he nails Cesaro with a double shoulder tackle alongside Apollo.
O’Neil drops Cesaro with a hard Irish whip into the corner, Apollo tags in and he nails Cesaro with a press slam followed by a standing shooting star press for a two count. Apollo catches The Bar with a dive on the arena floor as we go to a commercial break, we return from the break to see Cesaro preventing Apollo from tagging O’Neil. Apollo then sends a charging Cesaro out of the ring, Sheamus tags in and O’Neil gets the tag a short time later. O’Neil quickly attacks Sheamus with shoulder tackles before mauling him with strikes in the corner, O’Neil then tosses Sheamus across the ring. O’Neil catches Sheamus with a power slam followed by an avalanche, Cesaro interferes and O’Neil takes care of him.
O’Neil nails Sheamus with a Dominator, Crews tags in and he nails Sheamus with a top rope splash for a near fall. Apollo then hits Sheamus with an enzaguri followed by a standing moonsault for a near fall, Cesaro attacks O’Neil so Apollo cannot tag him into the match. Apollo attacks The Bar with a dive on the arena floor, Cesaro distracts Apollo and Sheamus crotches him. The Bar nail Apollo with their finisher for the three count.
Fall #2 Winners: The Bar
Winners: The Bar (2-0), still the WWE Raw Tag Team Champions
After the match, Charly Caruso interviews The Bar and they said they had Titus Worldwide’s number tonight. The Bar brag about all of the tag teams they have beaten since forming their team, Sheamus says that The Bar will get punished at ‘Mania 34 because of how good they are.
- The 2018 Warrior Award winner is revealed and its Jarrius Robertson.
- Elias is in the ring and he wants to know “who wants to walk with Elias?” Elias says that the Elimination Chamber didn’t go as planned, but says his road to ‘Mania 34 is ahead of him. Elias didn’t like that Braun Strowman insulted his musical talents, Elias calls the WWE Universe and others noise pollution. Elias performs a song until Strowman interrupts.
Elias vs. Braun Strowman
The match begins with Strowman tossing Elias across the ring, Elias takes a breather outsideof the ring before nailing Strowman with a few strikes inside of it. Elias leaves the ring and Strowman chases him back into the ring, Elias attacks Strowman with a few strikes until he gets destroyed with a clothesline. Elias leaps off the ropes and Strowman clobbers him with a strike, Strowman again tosses Elias across the ring. Strowman then hits Elias with an avalanche, Strowman continues attacking a downed Elias with strikes. Strowman then crushes Elias with a short arm clothesline, Strowman waits for Elias to get up before landing a headbutt.
Strowman follows that up by attacking the upper body of Elias with a clothesline, Elias rolls to the ring apron before dropping Strowman throat first on the top rope. Elias then hits Strowman with a top rope shoulder tackle, Strowman recovers and he knocks Elias out of the ring. Strowman goes outside the ring to throw Elias into the barricade, Strowman gets Elias in the ring and he follows him in there. Elias rolls back out of the ring and Strowman follows him out there, Elias grabs a fire extinguisher and he shoots it at Strowman to cause a DQ.
Winner: Braun Strowman, by DQ
After the match, Elias continues attacking Braun Strowman before getting him back in the ring. Elias then hits Strowman with the extinguisher. Strowman fights back and Elias leaves the ring. Strowman attacks Elias on the entrance ramp and he drags him to the announcers table, Elias gets free from Strowman and he runs backstage. Strowman follows Elias backstage and a limo arrives.
- Triple H and Stephanie McMahon make their way to the ring, Stephanie says that Raw GM Kurt Angle ruined the Ronda Rousey signing last night at WWE Elimination Chamber. Stephanie claims that Angel had a double pneumonia last night and Rousey believed what he said, which is what lead to the whole scenario taking place. Stephanie says she got physical with Rousey last night to explain the hierarchy of the WWE, Stephanie says both Angle and Rousey both report to her. Rousey makes her way to the ring and Angle follows a short time trying to stop her from getting physical, Angle says that Rousey coming to the WWE was the best decision she ever made.
Rousey says she has never been slapped before and she refuses to be disrespected by anybody, Angle wants Rousey to work within the system. Angle says he needs the job and he claims that he lied to Rousey at the Elimination Chamber, Stephanie and Triple H return to the ring to try and make peace for the whole situation. Rousey says that Stephanie needs to apologize for slapping her last night or she will rips Stephanie’s arm out of her socket, Stephanie apologizes and she leaves the ring with Triple H. Triple H then decks Angle before he exited the ring.