Good evening Fight Fans, and welcome to our coverage for tonight's edition of WWE Smackdown on FOX!
- We open tonight's show with a graphic for the Smackdown Tag Team Championship match between the champions The Mysterios and the challengers, the former champions, Dolph Ziggler and Robert Roode.
- We open in the ThunderDome with the Street Profits ahead of their match against The Usos before they're interrupted by Jey and Jimmy and the four face off as we go to commercial with a graphic saying that the match is up next.
The Uso vs Street Profits
Angelo and Jimmy start the match off by locking up before Angelo locks in a standing side headlock and drops Jimmy with a shoulder block before tagging in Montez and SP double team Jimmy for a quick one count before he dives into the corner and tags in Jey. Jey goes right after Montez and beats him down in the corner before Montez does a back flip and hits a deep arm drag while yelling at Jimmy on the apron before SP double team Jey for two before Jey drives Angelo into the corner. Jimmy drops Angelo and hits a jumping headbutt before Angelo locks in a deep arm drag and Jimmy backs Angelo into the corner. SP then double team Jimmy, then Jey before clearing the ring and sending them over the announce table and barricade as we go to commercial.
We come back from the break to The Usos now in control before Montez gets the hot tag to Angelo who drops both Usos repeatedly before Jimmy rocks him with an enzuigiri and Angelo rocks Jimmy before Montez hits a flip over the post and Jimmy superkicks Angelo for a near fall. Angelo turns Jimmy inside out and hits a twisting butterfly suplex for a near fall before Montez gets the blind tag and Angelo hits a spine buster before Jey saves Jimmy from a high angle splash and Angelo takes out Jey at ringside. Jimmy then superkicks Montez for the pin and the win.
Winner: The Usos defeat Street Profits via pinfall.
- Dolph Ziggler and Robert Roode are interviewed backstage ahead of their challenging for the Smackdown tag team titles later tonight as we go to commercial.
Tamina & Natalya vs Riott Squad
We come back from the break to the match already in progess as Liv and Natty start the match off before RS double team Natty in the corner and chain together tags and offense until she gets the hot tag to Tamina who sends Ruby into the bottom turnbuckle and Natty rips Liv off of the apron. Tamina then headbutts Ruby off of the top as Liv takes out Natty at ringside and Tamina hits a diving splash for the pin and the win as Liv is unable to get into the ring in time to break up the pin.
Winner: Tamina and Natalya defeat Riott Squad via pinfall.
- Backstage The Usos meet with Adam Pearce after their victory against perennial contenders Street Profits.
Bianca Belair vs Carmella
Bayley joins at commentary for the match as Bianca woman-handles Carmella until Carmella uses her hair against her and hits a sit-out facebuster onto the apron for two before grounding the champion with a rear chin lock and Bianca gets to her feet before hitting a backbreaker. Bianca runs Carmella over and drives her into the corner before catching Carmella when she goes for a dive and hits a fall away slam into a hand spring back flip for two before running into the post and Carmella locks in a head scissors in the ropes. Carmella beats on Bianca drapped over the apron before kicking her in the side of the head and rolling her back inside for a series of two counts before Bianca powers out of the Code of Silence and hits Carmella with the KOD for the pin and the win.
Winner: Bianca Belair defeats Carmella via pinfall.
- Backstage we get an interview with the Smackdown Tag Team champions, The Mysterios ahead of their title defense later tonight as we go to commercial.
- We come back from the break to Seth Rollins in the ring as he shows us what he did to Cesaro last week.
Apollo Crews vs Kevin Owens
Kevin is in control as he goes right after Apollo and hits a cannonball in the corner before until he goes to finish Apollo with a pop-up powerbomb before Apollo counters and KO hits him with a stunner before Azeez hits Kevin with the Nigerian Nail from ringside for the disqualifcation.
Winner: Kevin Owens defeats Apollo Crews via disqualification when Commander Azeez interferes.
Shinsuke Nakamura vs Chad Gable (w/ Otis)
Otis attacks Shin before the match before Chad hits him with serveral belly to belly suplexes once the match starts before Shin knocks Otis off of the arpon and Chad locks in an armbar in the ropes before Shin locks in a sleeper and hits a wheel kick before Corbin comes to ringside to take his crown back. Chad then dodges a Kinshasa before they exchange pins and Shin pins Chad with a Kinshasa for the win
Winner: Shinsuke Nakamura defeats Chad Gable via pinfall.
- After the match Corbin goes to put his crown on and Rick Boogz attacks him from behind.
- Backstage KO is in the locker room where he's being checked on by the doctor and begs Adam to give him a title match against Apollo with Azeez banned from ringside to which Adam agrees.
Smackdown Tag Team Championship Match
The Mysterios (c) vs Dolph Ziggler & Robert Roode
Before the match we go backstage to see that Rey has been attacked before Dom decides to come out to the ring and defend the titles on his own in a handicap match as we go to commercial.
We come back from the break to the match already in progress with Roode in control of Dom before Roode and Ziggler take turns beating on Dom before Dom takes out first Roode, then Ziggler before rolling Dolph back inside and hitting a drop toe hold before Roode trips him and Dom knocks him off of the apron. Dom then hits a second drop toe hold before Dolph dodges a 619 and hits a famouser for two before Rey comes out and distracts Roode and Ziggler which allows Dom to counter an electric chair into a sunset flip for the pin and the win.
Winner: The Mysterios retain their Smackdown Tag Team titles by defeating Dolph Ziggler and Robert Roode.
- After the match The Usos come out and face off with the father and son duo as we see Roman and Paul looking on from backstage as we go off the air.