Here is your fight size update for Saturday, April 24, 2021.
- On April 23, in an interview with Dan Wiederer of the Chicago Tribune, Steve "Mongo" McMichael shared that he was diagnosed with ALS in January. McMichael is best known to wrestling fans as a member of the Four Horsemen during his time in WCW and a commentator on Nitro.
"Mongo, You Were Our Hero Long Before You Came To Us In Wrestling. A Super Bowl Champion And A Natural Born Horseman. You More Than Lived Up To Your Reputation! The Pearly Gates Are Something A Lot Of Us Contemplate. Keep Up The Good Fight! We Love You!"
- Xavier Woods has been learning to play the bass guitar and has shared a new video of himself performing Mickie James' entrance theme. James, along with 9 other Superstars, was released by WWE on April 15. You can learn more about that and how she had her items returned by the company in a trash bag by clicking here.
- Max Caster was the latest guest on Outside the Ring with Lexy Nair. In it he answered a bunch of rapid-fire questions, revealing that his spirit animal is a squirrel, dead or alive he'd like to have dinner with a dead MJF, and so much more. Watch it below via AEW's YouTube Channel.
- Tenille Dashwood will be facing Deonna Purrazzo for the Knockouts Championship at IMPACT Rebellion on April 25. Ahead of their match, Dashwood shared a photo of herself (as Emma) defeating Purrazzo during a March 2016 episode of NXT. She said that history will repeat itself. Deonna replied begging for Dashwood to bring that version of herself to the ring on Sunday.
- The newest WWE Top 10 takes a look back at this week’s Friday Night SmackDown to revisit the show’s most thrilling, physical and controversial moments. Watch it here.
- WWE has shared a bonus scene from WWE 24: The Miz. In it, you see Miz's workout program ahead of WrestleMania 37 where he and John Morrison faced Damian Priest and Bad Bunny. The docu-special airs tomorrow on the WWE Network and Peacock. You can watch the clip here.
SNEAK PEEK: @TripleH & @StephMcMahon enlist @Undertaker to join the hunt for his original purple gear during an all new WWE’s Most Wanted Treasures TOMORROW at 10/9c on @AETV. #WWEonAE pic.twitter.com/a5Qs3f8kve— WWE's Most Wanted Treasures on A&E (@TreasuresWWE) April 24, 2021
- WWE Official Adam Pearce shared a fun fact on Twitter today. Here is what he said:
"FUN FACT: When I coached at the PC full time, I’d hold open ring sessions on Friday afternoons available to anyone that wanted to train. No experience limits/requirements. You know who came to most of them? Chad Gable and Baron Corbin. And I’ll never forget it."
- Broken Icon Comics is running a Kickstarter for the upcoming double-sized, 40-page debut comic featuring professional wrestling icon and WWE hardcore legend, Al Snow. Everything you need to know about The synopsis for The Ballad of Al Snow and Head can be seen below:
"THE BALLAD OF AL SNOW AND HEAD takes us on a journey deep into Al's mind. Together with Head, he runs the JOB Squad Detective Agency, looking out for the surviving citizens of a post-apocalyptic Louisville. When the heart of a barmaid is stolen, Al sets out to find it. At any cost. Without fear... or rational thought. From blending with high society in the Ville to battling the rejects in the flooded Mire, Al risks it all for, well, no one is really sure."
Make sure you are subscribed to Fightful Select. A subscription grants you early access to interviews, Q&A opportunities, early looks at breaking news, and more. Also, make sure to check us out on YouTube and Twitch.