Your fight-size boxing update:
- Former UFC champion Conor McGregor sent a couple of tweets in support of fellow Irish athlete Katie Taylor, who is going to fight Delfine Persoon for the undisputed WBA, WBO, WBC and IBF Female lightweight championship on June 1. The fight will take place on the Matchroom Boxing on DAZN card taking place at Madison Square Garden.
This is one of my favorite pictures!— Conor McGregor (@TheNotoriousMMA) May 31, 2019
What an experience to watch this woman fight live!
If I was not in a cast from my own fight preparations, I would be ringside for this fight 100%!
Back this woman all the way!
Ireland’s very own, @KatieTaylor! pic.twitter.com/0BxDjLkTnd
The Mac Life leading the way in supporting our very own!— Conor McGregor (@TheNotoriousMMA) May 31, 2019
Live and on site in New York City for the formidable @KatieTaylor, as she prepares to become the unified World Boxing champion!
What a woman!
Let’s go Katie Taylor ---- https://t.co/Q3685OWsQV
- The winner of Taylor's fight against Persoon will be awarded the first women's WBC champion bracelet, in addition to the WBC world title belt, which can be seen in the tweet below.
- Women's light flyweight contender Seniesa Estrada's opponent has been announced for her next fight on June 13. Estrada will take on former world title challenger Gretchen Abaniel in the main event of a GBxDAZN card taking place at The Avalon in Hollywood.
- Unbeaten welterweight prospect Anthony Tomlinson announced on Twitter that he will have a fight for the IBO Intercontinental title at a later date on a card yet to be announced. Tomlinson is 10-0 as a pro and is the current BBBofC Central Area titleholder.
- Japan national Female minimumweight champion Chie Higano will face Mizuki Chimoto on June 25. This will be Higano's first title defense since winning the belt back in February when she defeated Yumi Narita by split decision.