Your fight-size boxing update:
- After it was revealed that Kell Brook was taken out of the WBC rankings for not enrolling in year-long VADA drug testing as part of the Clean Boxing Program, Brook posted a picture on his Instagram indicating that he has signed up for the Clean Boxing Program and will be submitting the necessary paperwork to the WBC, meaning he will be reinstated in the WBC rankings next month.
- British heavyweight contender David Allen will fight on July 27 in Sunderland, England following his 10th round TKO loss to Tony Yoka.
- Tyson Fury’s opponent for the upcoming August 18 boxing card in Belfast, headlined by Carl Frampton's first interim WBO featherweight title defense against Luke Jackson, was originally supposed to be announced on July 9, but promoter Frank Warren said something came up and that it is “taking a little longer than originally anticipated.”
- Scottish amateur standout and Commonwealth Games bronze medalist John Docherty has signed with Eddie Hearn’s Matchroom Boxing.
- WBC Latino light flyweight champion Saul Juarez will make his first title defense against Mario Andrade on the July 27 Boxeo Telemundo show in Mexico City, Mexico.