Your fight-size boxing update:
- Former welterweight world champion Kell Brook took a shot at longtime rival Amir Khan on Instagram. Brook is currently training for his fight against Michael Zerafa and enlisted the help of Samuel Vargas as a sparring trainer. Vargas scored knockdown against Khan earlier this year before losing the fight and Brook posted the following picture and caption on Instagram:
- Banner Promotions announced it has signed super middleweight Naim Terbunja. Terbunja, who had an amateur record of 200-36, represented Sweden in the 2008 Olympics and currently holds a professional record of 10-2-1 with one KO win.
- The reality television show "The Contender" will be airing a live finale on EPIX on November 9 with Brandon Adams facing off against Shane Mosley Jr. in the finals. The winner of that fight will be awarded an automatic spot in the top 10 in the WBA middleweight rankings.
- Watanabe Gym from Japan announced that former kickboxer Kanako Taniyama will make her pro boxing debut on December 1 on a boxing card in Osaka. Taniyama has a 16-3 kickboxing record, but suffered a knee injury in 2016 that forced her to retire. Taniyama will compete at bantamweight in a six-round fight against an opponent to be named later.
- Super middleweight fighter Derrick Webster has signed a promotional deal with Greg Cohen Promotions. Webster is on a nine-fight win streak, having won all four of his fights in 2018. Fightful once interview Webster before a 2017 fight against Thomas Awimbono and spoke about Canelo Alvarez's fight against Julio Cesar Chavez and you can read about it at this link.