Your fight-size boxing update:
- According to a report from Mike Coppinger, Cuban amateur standout Robeisy Ramirez is close to signing a promotional deal with Top Rank Boxing to jumpstart his pro career. Ramirez defeated Shakur Stevenson to win the gold medal in the 2016 Summer Olympics.
SOURCES: Robeisi Ramirez, a two-time Olympic gold medalist and Top Rank are in process of finalizing a multi-fight deal. The 25-year-old has yet to fight in pros after defecting from Cuba. Ramirez beat Shakur Stevenson in 2016 gold medal match. Another blue-chip prospect for TR— Mike Coppinger (@MikeCoppinger) May 22, 2019
- Unbeaten prospect Satoshi Shimizu will fight on the undercard of Rob Brant vs. Ryota Murata for the WBA "Regular" middleweight title on July 12. Shimizu will defend his WBO Asia Pacific super featherweight title against Joe Noyway.
- Super bantamweight contender Thomas Patrick Ward has signed a deal with MTK Global, becoming the latest fighter to join the company after former lightweight champion Terry Flanagan and Mexican prospect Rafael Armenta were also announced as recent signings.
- WBO junior middleweight champion Jaime Munguia is currently training with former world champion Erik Morales in Tijuana, Mexico.
- French heavyweight prospect Tony Yoka has inked a managerial deal with former Andre Ward manager James Prince. Yoka is expected to return in July on a boxing card in France.
- Roberto Duran Jr., the son of legendary fighter Roberto Duran, will fight on June 7 on the undercard of a special boxing card in Verona, New York that will be a part of the International Boxing Hall of Fame induction weekend. The card will be headlined by Zab Judah vs. Cletus Seldin for the NABA junior welterweight title.