Your fight-size boxing update:
- Former WBA "Regular" super middleweight titleholder Rocky Fielding suffered a toe injury, forcing him to withdraw from his next fight, scheduled for July 12 on an MTK Global card from Manchester. Fielding noted on social media that he tried to rest the injury and work around, but it was impossible to do so and still be on track to fight on July 12.
Gutted to have to pull from my fight July12th on @MTKGlobal due to injury breaking my toe, tried resting & working around it but impossible. Will be back soon as ---- Sorry to those who bought tickets thanks for your support ----— Rocky Fielding (@Rocky87Fielding) June 23, 2019
- Below are the official scorecards for the WBC super bantamweight title eliminator between Guillermo Rigondeaux and Julio Ceja. Rigondeaux stopped Ceja at the end of the eighth round to become the mandatory challenger to Rey Vargas' world title.
Rigondeaux vs. Ceja scorecards pic.twitter.com/P2PGXStPiu— Carlos Toro (@CarlosToro360) June 24, 2019
- Former regional featherweight titleholder Joel Brunker announced his retirement from the sport of boxing. Brunker, whose retirement statement can be seen below, started boxing professionally in 2008 and retired with a 34-4 pro record with 20 knockout wins.
The hardest decision of my life has been made. pic.twitter.com/86gnR79Ka2— Aussie Joel Brunker (@JoelBrunker) June 17, 2019
- Tony Tolj, the manager of super featherweight contender Billel Dib, wrote on social media to Fightful's Carlos Toro that Dib is ready to face the winner of a potential WBA "Regular" super featherweight title bout between titleholder Andrew Cancio and mandatory challenger Rene Alvarado.
@Billel_Dib is readyfor the winner, we respectively would love the oppprtunity for the @WBABoxing World Super Featherweight title with Alvarado and reigning champion Cancio @GoldenBoyBoxing @makeawar @OscarDeLaHoya Australia v Mexico— Tony Tolj -------- (@TonyTolj) June 22, 2019
- Much has been said on social regarding the controversial stoppage that cost Angel Acosta his WBO light flyweight title against Elwin Soto on June 21. WBO President Francisco "Paco" Valcarcel gave his thoughts on Twitter, agreeing with the stoppage.
Good job by the referee...— Paco Valcárcel, Esq. (@PacoValcarcel) June 22, 2019
- Unbeaten heavyweight prospect Jonathan Palata has signed with Frank Warren's Queensberry Promotions and will make his promotional debut on July 13, fighting on the undercard card of the O2 Arena show headlined by Nathan Gorman vs. Daniel Dubois for the BBBofC British heavyweight title.