Floyd Mayweather Sr. Charged With Battery, Pleads Not Guilty In Court

Floyd Mayweather Sr. had been charged with a misdemeanor battery and has pleaded not guilty after an arrest warrant issued less than two weeks ago.

According to TMZ and Deadspin, Mayweather allegedly attacked a woman on September 17, hours after Canelo Alvarez vs. Gennady Golovkin. Mayweather has stated back then that the allegations are false. An arrest warrant was issued on January 16 and Mayweather turned himself over to police on January 23 according to ESPN and pleaded not guilty on January 25.

Darren Till Says He Will "Hurt" Marvin Vettori "For Five Rounds," More News | Fightful Fix Round Up

A representative for Mayweather then told TMZ that the accuser is simply trying to extort money from the elder Mayweather.

“[The alleged victim is] trying to extort money and she’s angry because she’s not getting the money from Floyd,” Mayweather’s representative said. “It’s not going the way she wants it to go.”

TMZ reports that the alleged incident went down in Las Vegas in the early hours of September 17 following Canelo vs. Golovkin, which took place at the T-Mobile Arena. The victim was heading toward Mayweather's car when an argument broke out between the two. Mayweather then allegedly told the woman to get out of the car, but the accuser refused and Mayweather then reach in and drag the victim out by the leg, according to the report.

The accuser said Mayweather made things worse by punching the accuser in the leg once she was out of the car. The accuser also claims Mayweather then got in the driver's seat and sped off without her, leaving the woman to get hospitalized for minor injuries.

Mayweather is now set to appear for a bench trial, in Clark County, on March 27.

Get exclusive combat sports content on Fightful Select, our premium news service! Click here to learn more.
From The Web