Kicking off a busy weekend of fights in the United Kingdom was Steven Ward's first title won from the four major governing bodies.
Ward, headlining a recent MTK Global card from Northern Ireland, won a close decision win against Liam Conroy to win the WBO European light heavyweight title. Ward won with identical scores of 76-75, but the fight ended prematurely after an accidental clash of heads left Ward badly cut above his left eye. The unbeaten Ward was also knocked down by Conroy in the fourth round due to a left hook.
On the undercard, Tyrone McKenna dominated Darragh Foley throughout 10 rounds to become the new WBC International junior welterweight champion. McKenna dropped Foley in the eighth round en route to a unanimous decision win and extend his win streak to three fights since a 2018 loss to Jack Catterall.
Below are the full results of the June 21 MTK Global on ESPN+ card from Ulster Hall, Belfast, Northern Ireland:
- Steven Ward defeated Liam Conroy by technical unanimous decision (76-75, 76-75, 76-75) to win the WBO European Light Heavyweight Title
- Tyrone McKenna defeated Darragh Foley by unanimous decision (97-93, 98-91, 98-91) to win the WBC International Junior Welterweight Title
- Paddy Gallagher defeated Liam Wells by TKO, round 3, 1:15
- Lewis Crocker defeated Karim Aliliche by points (60-53)
- Caoimhin Agyarko defeated Paul Allison by points (60-55)
- Gennadi Stserbin defeated Taylor McGoldrick by TKO, round 1, 2:24
- McGoldrick tko'd by a right hook.
- Owen O'Neill defeated Geiboord Omier by points (39-37)