Here's your fight-size boxing update for February 10, 2020:
- Matchroom Boxing announced that former unified cruiserweight champion Murat Gassiev will make his heavyweight debut against Jerry Forrest on the February 29 DAZN card from Frisco, Texas. Israil Madrimov will fight Charlie Navarro in a WBA junior middleweight title eliminator.
- On the undercard of the February 29 Matchroom Boxing on DAZN card is unbeaten prospect Jesse Rodriguez taking on Marco Sustaita. Also on the card is Leo Ruiz Acevedo vs. Dennis Knifechief. Prospects Diego Pacheco and Alexis Espino will be in action in undercard fights.
- Banner Promotions has signed junior welterweight prospect Jamshidbek Najmitdinov (14-1, 11 KOs) to a co-promotional deal with Uprising Promotions. Najmitdinov has won five straight fights after losing to former world champion Viktor Postol back in 2017.
- Gary Russell Jr. is PBC's Fighter of the Week after his WBC featherweight title defense against Tugstsogt Nyambayar back on February 8.
- There was supposed to be a press conference tomorrow to reveal Lewis Ritson’s next opponent and fight date, but due to severe weather conditions caused by Storm Ciara affecting international travel, the press conference in Newcastle has been postponed until February 12.
- WBC President Mauricio Sulaiman has revealed that his organization has lowered the amount of rounds for all regional title fights, no more than 10 rounds. Only WBC World and Silver title fights will be 12 rounds.
- Unbeaten prospect Rolando Romero entered the WBA rankings at No. 10 at lightweight. Vasiliy Lomachenko holds the organization's "Super" title while Gervonta Davis holds the "Regular" title.