While June 8 was primarily focused on Gennadiy Golovkin's DAZN debut, Spain had a boxing card that featured the next step in two of their top boxers' journey to world title contention.
Headlining a boxing card in Bilbao, Andoni Gago had a tough outing against Jesus Sanchez, but ultimately won the fight by majority decision and become the new EBU European champion at 126 pounds.
The card also featured the return of Kerman Lejarraga, fresh off his EBU European welterweight title loss to David Avanesyan back in March. Lejarraga moved up in weight and fought Luis Solis with the WBC Latino junior middleweight title on the line. It took Lejarraga four rounds to knock out Solis, essentially jump starting a new campaign in the 154-pound division.
As for the rest of the show's fights, below are the full results of the June 8 Mgz Promotions card from the Bilbao Arena in Bilbao, Spain:
- Andoni Gago defeated Jesus Sanchez by split decision (115-114, 112-116, 115-113) to win the EBU European Featherweight Title
- Kerman Lejarraga defeated Luis Solis by KO, round 4 to win the WBC Latino Junior Middleweight Title
- Oleg Malynovskyi defeated Alex Mora by unanimous decision (79-71, 79-71, 79-71)
- Isaac Real defeated David Makaradze by TKO, round 4
- Jorge Luis Garbey defeated Leopoldo Loya by KO, round 1
- Saul Luna defeated Eduardo Cobos by split decision (58-56, 56-58, 58-56)
- Misael Zeledon defeated Alvaro Tierno by TKO, round 2
- Enerolisa de Leon defeated Naiara Olmedo by majority decision (40-36, 39-37, 38-38)
- Santiago Vanegas defeated Jose Aguilar by unanimous decision (40-35, 40-35, 40-35)
- From The Web