Seniesa Estrada's run through the light flyweight rankings continue with another dominant performance, this time as Golden Boy Promotions' first female fighter to headline a show.
Estrada retired Gretchen Abaniel after four rounds were contested in California to retain her WBC Silver title. The fight was mostly one-sided and the fight was called off after Abaniel's corner did not let her continue fighting. With that fight out of the way, Estrada is now looking to challenge for a world title sometime in the second half of 2019.
"Everyone knows about the rivalry between and Marlen Esparza. Eventually, that fight is going to happen. She can get it any time. For now, I want a title shot. I want to face [WBC light flyweight world champion] Yesenia Gomez. Let's make it happen in September," Estrada said.
On the undercard, former world title challenger Azat Hovhannisyan has now won his second straight fight since losing to Rey Vargas last year. Like Estrada, Hovhannisyan stopped his opponent in the fourth round, taking out 41-fight veteran Glenn Porras.
Below are full results of the June 13 Golden Boy Promotions card from The Avalon in Hollywood, California:
- Seniesa Estrada defeated Gretchen Abaniel by RTD, round 4, 2:00 to retain the WBC Silver Female Light Flyweight Title
- Azat Hovhannisyan defeated Glenn Porras by KO, round 4, 2:08
- Cesar Alan Valenzuela defeated Christian Gonzalez by unanimous decision (79-73, 79-73, 79-73)
- Bektemir Melikuziev defeated Martin Fidel Rios by KO, round 1, 1:39
- Carlos Caraballo defeated Esteban Aquino by KO, round 2, 1:52