Lewis Riston moved one step closer towards a world title shot after a back-and-forth war with Robbie Davies Jr.
In the main event of a Matchroom Boxing card from Newcastle, Ritson scored a unanimous decision victory over Davies to win a title eliminator for the WBA junior welterweight title. Ritson has now won three straight fights after suffering the only defeat of his pro career up to this point, a decision loss to Francesco Patera for the then-vacant EBU European lightweight title.
Also on the card was a British junior middleweight title bout between titleholder Ted Cheeseman and Scott Fitzgerald. After another 12 back-and-forth rounds, it was Fitzgerald who came out on top with a close decision to become the new British champion. Other undercard action includes rising women's boxing star Savannah Marshall and Martin Bakole scoring stoppage wins in their respective bouts.
Below are full results of the October 19 Matchroom Boxing card from the Newcastle Arena in Newcastle, England:
- Lewis Ritson defeated Robbie Davies Jr. by unanimous decision (117-112, 116-112, 116-112)
- Scott Fitzgerald defeated Ted Cheeseman by unanimous decision (116-113, 115-113, 116-113) to win the BBBofC British junior middleweight title
- Lawrence Osueke and Ricky Summers fought to a split draw (95-96, 95-95, 100-92)
- Savannah Marshall defeated Ashleigh Curry by TKO, round 3, 0:57
- Martin Bakole Ilunga defeated Kevin Johnson by TKO, round 5, 0:58
- Kieron Conway defeated Konrad Stempkowski by PTS (80-71)
- John Docherty defeated Lewis van Poetsch by PTS (60-54)
- Darren Reay and Eduardo Valverde foguth to a draw on PTS (38-38)
- Joe Laws defeated Justice Addy by PTS (39-37)
- Terry Wilkinson defeated Daryl Pearce by PTS (40-36)
- April Hunter defeated Borislava Goranova by PTS (40-36)
- Thomas Whittaker Hart defeated Darryl Sharp by PTS (40-36)
You can find results from boxing events around the world on Fightful's Results section.