Cody Rhodes once again hopes NXT does his father and Great American Bash justice.
For the second straight year, NXT will hold a special entitled Great American Bash, which was created by Dusty Rhodes in 1985. Cody has often expressed interest in owning the Great American Bash trademark, but it is currently owned by WWE.
Taking to social media, Cody was once again asked for his thoughts on NXT using the name.
Business is business. They have the rights to many of Dusty’s greatest creations. My hope is that they do them justice and I will never be bitter about his legacy being honored and a whole new generation seeing he was a genius w/lasting concepts. https://t.co/vKSoyTZCdm— Cody (@CodyRhodes) July 6, 2021
Cody has filed trademarks on old WCW names, but he said in an interview on AEW Unrestricted in 2020 that he would give up 100 Slamboree trademarks for the trademarks to Starrcade and Great American Bash.
Here is the lineup for NXT Great American Bash
NXT Great American Bash - July 6
- Adam Cole vs. Kyle O'Reilly
- NXT Tag Team Championships: MSK (Nash Carter & Wes Lee) vs. Timothy Thatcher & Tommaso Ciampa
- NXT Women's Tag Team Championships: The Way (Candice LeRae & Indi Hartwell) vs. Io Shirai & Zoey Stark
- Million Dollar Championship (If Grimes loses, he is Knight's butler): LA Knight (c) vs. Cameron Grimes
- Karrion Kross & Johnny Gargano meet face-to-face
- Hit Row Championship Cypher
Fightful will have live coverage of NXT Great American Bash beginning at 8 p.m. ET.