Here is your fight size update for Friday, April 30, 2021:
- In a recently released bonus scene from the WWE 24 special about The Miz, Daniel Bryan and The Miz open up about their begrudging respect for one another.
"Before the brand split in 2015, I went to [WWE creative] with this idea that I would be a SmackDown exclusive wrestler. This was before we were on Fox, so it’s still considered the underdog show but it was using the same wrestlers [on both Raw and SmackDown]. I thought, ‘How do we make the show special?’ When the brand split, I became the general manager of SmackDown, and since that time, I’ve been exclusive to SmackDown.
"The idea of being banished from my favorite show is a tough pill to swallow. Falling in love with ‘80s Mexican wrestling, one of the things that I think Mexican wrestling does better than anybody is they have matches with stipulations that have real consequences. They’ll do mask versus mask matches, or hair versus hair matches, and they never go back on the situation. If you lose the mask versus mask match, your mask is gone and you wrestle without a mask for the rest of your career. So, that’s one of the things that I’ve really tried to take to heart with my love of lucha libre. If I do this, and if I lose, I’m banished from SmackDown and I have to be OK with that.
"The flip side of that is getting the opportunity for the Universal Championship. There’s nothing quite like being the top guy. I love wrestling under any circumstance, but when you’re in a championship match and you’re the champion, there’s just a different feel [to them] and that’s the feeling I love… When I came back from my injury, Roman was the one guy on my list that I wanted to have a big match with. This is it. This is as big as it gets."
- Liv Morgan recently tweeted that she would like to be a part of the Child's Play franchise.
- Speaking with People magazine, Brandi Rhodes opened up about the significance behind her daughter’s Disney-themed Nursery.
“It's a staple of our life, and we've just become more and more ingrained in the culture," Brandi says. "When we found out that we were having a baby, I thought that's the perfect room for her nursery to go in because it's already kind of started with those ears."
- Today, many content creators have faced copyright strikes from AEW, including their very own music channel, Aubrey Edwards recently said she is working on handling this issue.
Yo! We've been working on resolving this all morning (which is why I haven't tweeted anything until now). Hang tight!— Aubrey Edwards --️-- (@RefAubrey) April 30, 2021
- There's an upcoming Chronicle about Damian Priest, next Sunday, May 9.
Extremely cool that I get to share a little bit of my experiences with everyone this Mother's day. Achieving a dream is a blessing. Hopefully sharing a bit of my story can inspire others. At the least make some laugh. #LiveForever #WWE pic.twitter.com/hwfN5q7805— Damian Priest -- (@ArcherOfInfamy) April 30, 2021
- The debut episode of MLW on VICE TV at 12 PM EST will feature Marshall Von Erich vs. MJF and No Holds Barred Match with Davey Boy Smith Jr. vs. Simon Gotch. Next Saturday's episode on VICE TV will feature MLW Champion Jacob Fatu vs. Brian Pillman Jr. and Caribbean Champion Savio Vega vs. Richard Holliday.
- Check out the top moments from this week's IMPACT here.
- Both Gail Kim and Maria Kanellis have replied to Mick Foley's plea for WWE to have an all-women's brand.
Might you know of a good GM?@gailkimITSME— Mick Foley (@RealMickFoley) April 30, 2021
- Check out everything you need to know before SmackDown here.
- Today, WWE stock closed at $55.11 per share.
- Make sure you are subscribed to Fightful Select. A subscription grants you early access to interviews, Q&A opportunities, early looks at breaking news, and more. Also, make sure to check us out on YouTube and Twitch.