Jerry Lawler Says He's Signed A New Two-Year Deal With WWE; Will Call Men's Royal Rumble Match

Jerry Lawler will be sticking around WWE for at least the next two years and he will be returning to the commentary booth at the Royal Rumble.

On the latest episode of his Dinner With The King podcast, Lawler revealed that his WWE contract expired on Jan. 10. But the day before his contract was up, he received a new offer.

"My contract is up every year on January 10. On the 8th, I hadn't heard a word. I sent a text to Kevin Dunn and said, 'My contract is up the day after tomorrow. I just want to know where we stood.' The very next day, I got a new contract in the mail. Not only one year, but a two-year deal. With a raise!"

Lawler was asked by his co-host Glenn Moore whether or not AEW had contacted him to possibly do commentary for the company. Lawler revealed that AEW had not reached out to him, hinting that they may have stood clear as to not be sued for tampering.

Along with updating fans on his contract status, Lawler also revealed that he will once again be calling the men's Royal Rumble match alongside some familiar voices.

"The Royal Rumble is coming up. They sent me a text message and I am going to be calling the men's Royal Rumble. Me, Michael Cole and JBL."

Lawler helped call last year's men's Royal Rumble alongside Cole, Corey Graves, and Byron Saxton.

For the latest contract information in the world of wrestling, check out Fightful's list of updated contracts.

More