Here is your post-SmackDown fight-size update for January 1, 2021.
We miss you. We love you. pic.twitter.com/BFn4blZ2CF— WWE (@WWE) January 2, 2021
- Big E and Apollo defeated Sami Zayn and Baron Corbin after the Lone Wolf and his "Knights" walked out on the match, leaving the former Intercontinental Champion to fend for himself.
- After getting left out of a match that she expected to be a part of, Billie Kay helped the Riott Squad pick up a win over Tamina and Natalya.
- Sonya Deville has returned to Friday Night SmackDown.
- Dolph Ziggler and Robert Roode crashed the Street Profits' party on SmackDown. The Dirty Dawgs, as Ziggler referred to himself and Roode, are coming for the belts.
- Daniel Bryan and Otis defeated Cesaro and Shinsuke Nakamura. Earlier in the night, Bryan was shown training for the Royal Rumble appearance. Apparently, just like we learnt in Happy Gilmore, it's all in the hips.
- After helping him defeat Sami Zayn and Baron Corbin in an impromptu tag team match, Apollo cashed in on Big E's Intercontinental Championship open challenge for the January 8 edition of SmackDown.
- Kevin Owens defeated Jey Uso in the main event of SmackDown. The match was made earlier in the night after KO badgered Adam Pearce to make it happen. Following his victory, Owens handcuffed Uso to the ropes and beat him up while talking trash to Roman Reigns. The fight would eventually spill into the ThunderDome.
- SmackDown went off the air with Kevin Owens being sent flying off of the ThunderDome set and through a table. Owens asked for Reigns and he got him. Be careful what you wish for.
- Subscribe to Fightful Select for exclusive news and content.
- You can view the full results of SmackDown here.
- Our SmackDown Post-Show Review is available on the Fightful YouTube Channel. Subscribe today!