Good evening Fight Fans, and welcome to our coverage for tonight's edition of WWE Smackdown on FOX!
- Edge comes out to the ring to start the show and mocks Roman before addressing DB and reminding everyone who he is and his career. Edge says that he's back because he loves wrestling and that he'll have to wait to see who he will face at Wrestlemania before he's interrupted by Daniel. DB mocks Edge and says that he's there to set the record straight and that he has an infinite amount of respect for his career, but him wanting to face Roman wasn't about Edge. DB says that he's going to give it everything he's got to be in the main event of Wrestlemania and that is why he went into business for himself. Edge says that Roman has already beaten Daniel and he won the Royal Rumble and that he respects and likes Daniel, but doesn't like how he did what he did.
Edge then says that Daniel is better than this, but he's better than Daniel before leaving.
- We get a graphic for the return of the KO Show later tonight as well as the return of Intercontinental champion Big E before we go to the ring for our opening match.
The Street Profits & Rey & Dominik Mysterio vs Alpha Academy & Dolph Ziggler & Robert Roode
AA and Dolph and Robert attack SP and the Mysterios when they're coming out to the ring before getting into the ring and holding it as we go to commercial.
SP and Dom triple team Robert before he knees Dom and tags in Chad who gets hit with a head scissors and Otis tags himself in before knocking Dom out of the air. Chad comes back in and hits a northern lights suplex for two before Roode comes back in and gets hit with a tornado DDT. Angelo and Dolph come in and Angelo drops Dolph repeatedly before knocking Otis off of the apron and Dolph rocks him with an uppercut. Angelo then hits a spine buster before Ford is knocked off of the top as we go to commercial.
We come back to Dolph in control of Ford back in the ring before he gets the hot tag to Rey who hits Chad with a head scissors and clears the other apron before hitting a tornado DDT for a near fall that Otis breaks up. Rey and Dom then send Otis out of the ring before Roode gets the blind tag and hits Rey with a spine buster for a near fall before the Mysterios hit a double 619. Ford then hits a high angle frog splash for the pin and the win onto Roode.
Winner: The Street Profits and Mysterios defeat Alpha Academy and Dolph Ziggler and Robert Roode.
- Backstage Jey walks up to Paul Heyman before he tries to talk to Roman and Paul tells him that it's a bad idea before Jey says that he'll come back later as we go to commercial.
- We come back from the break to a backstage interview with Seth Rollins who says that he's done with Cesaro who he calls the biggest waste of potential in WWE. Seth is then intrigued that Cesaro will rematch Murphy later tonight before leaving.
- We get this week's Progressive Match Flo recapping Reginald costing Sasha Banks and Bianca Belair their Women's Tag Team title match. We then go to a video of Nia and Shayna taking Reginald on a shopping spree.
Cesaro vs Murphy
Cesaro backs Murphy into the corner before Murphy drives him back and stomps him before Cesaro drops him as we see Seth watching on the stage. Murphy rolls out of the ring and drops Cesaro with a V-Trigger at ringside before Cesaro hits a superplex from the apron before hitting a running uppercut in the corner. Cesaro then counters a missile dropkick into the swing before Seth attacks him for the disqualification.
Winner: Cesaro defeats Murphy via disqualification.
- After the match Seth beats Cesaro down and puts a chair around his neck before he's stopped by officials when he goes for a curb stomp with the chair around his neck. Backstage Seth runs into Shinsuke Nakamura and the two have an intense face off.
- Backstage Sami Zayn runs into Kevin Owens who asks Kevin to be in his documentary before Kevin says that he'll think about it as we go to commercial.
- Backstage Edge talks to Jey and says that he came to talk to him man to man and asks him what he's doing siding with Roman before Jey tells him to fall in line. Jey then tells Edge to enjoy his family while he can because he won't enjoy anything after Roman gets a hold of him at Wrestlemania.
- We go to the ring for tonight's edition of the KO Show with special guests Sasha Banks and Bianca Belair. Kevin asks the Wrestlemania opponents about their challenging for the tag belts at Fastlane before mentioning how they would be the only team to face off for the title while being tag champions since John Cena and Shawn Michaels. Kevin says that they have some underlying tension before Sasha and Bianca argue and Sasha says that Bianca wouldn't have achieved anything if it weren't for Sasha paving the way for her. Bianca says that her accomplishments are her own before Sasha says that she would have stopped Bianca if she were in the Women's Royal Rumble match. Sasha then says that she's going to walk out of Wrestlemania with two belts before Bianca says that she's in her own lane before Nia and Shayna and Reginald come out.
Sasha Banks & Bianca Belair vs Natalya & Tamina
Tamina and Sasha start the match off with Tamina immediately backing Sasha into the corner before Natalya comes in and they run the ropes before Sasha hits an arm drag. Natalya gets out of the ring and hit with a baseball slide before Natalya drops her from behind as Reginald struts on the announce table before Natalya hits a snap suplex for two. Sasha counters a sharpshooter and gets the tag to Bianca who hits a spine buster before Reginald distracts the referee and Natalya clotheslines Bianca. Sasha then gets on top of the announce table before she chases him through the ring and Natalya drops Sasha before Bianca drops Natalya and Tamina rolls Bianca up for the pin and the win.
Winner: Natalya and Tamina defeat Sasha Banks and Bianca Belair via pinfall.
- Backstage Sasha and Bianca argue about Reginald before Sasha calls Bianca a rookie and leaves.
- Intercontinental champion Big E comes out to the ring in a neck brace, crutches and a head wrap before ripping it all off and getting into the ring. E gets on the mic and addresses the attack by Apollo Crews several weeks ago before saying that he's going to have to end Apollo. E then says that he wants him right now before making an open challenge since Apollo won't come out to the ring. Baron Corbin comes out and says that he's not dressed to fight before accepting the challenge only to be interrupted by Sami Zayn. The two then argue before Sami rushes in and is taken out and sent out of the ring as we go to commercial.
WWE Intercontinental Championship Match
Big E (c) vs Sami Zayn
They lock up for a clean break before E knees Sami in the midsection and Sami locks in a standing side headlock before they run the ropes and E drops Sami for two. E whips Sami across the ring and nearly launches him over the top turnbuckle and down onto the floor before Sami catches him coming in. Sami beats on E before choking him in the ropes and hitting a diving elbow for two before E hits a series of belly to belly suplexes. Sami then rolls out of the ring to regroup before E drags him back inside and hits Sami with clubbing blows before missing a splash onto the apron as we go to commercial.
We come back from the break to Sami hitting a sunset flip powerbomb off of the top for a near fall before screaming at E and slapping him repeatedly. E then runs through Sam's clothesline before he turns Sami inside out with a clothesline before hitting the Big Ending for the pin and the win.
Winner: Big E retains his Intercontinental championship by defeating Sami Zayn via pinfall.
- After the match Apollo shows up and attacks E from behind and hits a pair of Olympic slams before speaking to E in Nigerian and knocking him out of the ring with the steel steps.
- Backstage Reginald and Nia are interviewed before Reginald tells Nia she should challenge Sasha to a title match so she can walk into Wrestlemania as a double champion.
- The Universal champion Roman Reigns, Paul Heyman, and Jey Uso come out to the ring for the contract signing for his title defense against Daniel Bryan at Fastlane as we go to commercial.
- Sasha defending her Smackdown Women's Championship against Nia Jax is made official for next week's show.
- Roman and company are in the ring as they await Daniel to show up before he gets into the ring and Roman refuses to sign the contract. Roman says that Daniel doesn't deserve a title match before Daniel mocks Roman and says that he should be the head of the table. Roman angrily signs the contract before Daniel says that he's going to tap Roman out just like he did Jey before Jey says the match should have him as a special enforcer. Edge comes out to the ring and challenges Jey to a match where the winner gets to be special enforcer in the title match at Fastlane. Adam makes the match official before Roman and Jey brawl with Edge and Daniel before Edge tosses Daniel away and attacks Roman before Daniel lays Edge out.
Roman and company then leave as DB is left in the ring celebrating with Edge laid out on the mat as we go off the air.