Here is your fight size update for Thursday, April 22, 2021.
- Fresh off of an appearance on Conan O'Brien, Danhausen was recently giving a shout-out by The Rock on social media after he tried ZOA energy and was apparently transformed into a young version of Dwayne Johnson.
A fresh new PT Cruiserhausen will be sent your way (on the house). Thank you Rock “The Dwayne” Johnson— Danhausen (@DanhausenAD) April 22, 2021
~ Love That Danhausen
- Speaking on AEW Unrestricted, Christian Cage revealed what was said, or rather the lack thereof, during his Royal Rumble 2021 embrace with Edge and the two Canadians he wishes he would have gotten a chance to work with in WWE before he ultimately decided to go to AEW.
“When he hugged me at the Rumble, we didn't say anything. That wasn't even a planned hug or anything. I did my thing, I turned around. He was standing there with a huge smile on his face, made me smile and we embraced and then we just went on about our business. That was one of those spontaneous things. It was a great moment. You can't write those moments.”
He continued, “I would say probably Kevin Owens [is someone he’d have wanted to work]. I really like the passion that he has. I like the way that he delivers his promos, I think he’s fearless when he delivers his promos. I think that he’s a fearless competitor in the ring, as well. I just like his style. Sami Zayn as well. I thought, especially with his character the way it is now, we could have done some pretty special things. So off the top of my head, I would say probably those two guys.”
(Should you use any of the above quotes, please make sure to link back to this article and credit Fightful for the transcription.)
- You can check out the full WWE earnings call for the first quarter of 2021 at this link.
- WWE recently released a new trailer for the WWE 24 special revolving around The Miz. You can check that out here.
- The A&E Network recently released a new preview for the Roddy Piper biography that will premiere this Sunday.
- Speaking with Inside The Ropes, Ace Austin reflected on his training with the Wild Samoans Training Center.
“That foundation with the Samoans is really like, bar none, just the perfect professional wrestling foundation – they teach you not only the basic movements that you need to know, but the way that they teach you everything is in such a way. You learn to pay your dues. You learn to respect the business and respect those that came before you. And you learn how to carry yourself in professional settings and you learn how to talk to people. And just working under that lineage really makes you feel like you’re a part of something and that, once you’re in with that family, it’s like those are connections that you can have for the rest of your life.”
- WWE Champion "The Almighty" Bobby Lashley on his India visit: WWE Now India
- Speaking with Wrestling Headlines, Tasha Steelz emphasized the importance of just being herself while playing a character.
“I just talk to myself and I say ‘you gotta be you, Tasha.’ You just got to go out there and give all that energy. I got a lot of practice when I was at NWA because there’s crowds but there, you have no music to get off that energy when you walk through the curtain. So then you don’t come out to music at NWA. So I had to give my own energy out there when I was there. So I got a lot of great practice doing that. So from doing that, there, I was just like, okay, so no music, but crowds, okay, no crowds, music, all right, I can just blend the two in and just give my swag, you know, and do my thing. So I just go out there and I will be me, you know, that’s all I can do is just be me. Whether you Love Me or you hate me, take me as I am, or not at all. And everyone loves it.”
- Speaking with Sports Illustrated, Undertaker noted that in an upcoming episode of the A&E Network series featuring Triple H and Stephanie McMahon searching for lost WWE treasure, they will find his first pair of wrestling boots.
“I don’t even think it’s in the episode, but we found my very first pair of wrestling boots. They were secondhand when I bought them, and I was flooded with memories when I saw them. All throughout the filming, I kept thinking about different points in my career, with the gear serving as a timeline of where I was in life.”
- Check out the upcoming June schedule for Game Changer Wrestling.
- Today, WWE stock closed at $56.94 per share.
- Make sure you are subscribed to Fightful Select. A subscription grants you early access to interviews, Q&A opportunities, early looks at breaking news, and more. Also, make sure to check us out on YouTube and Twitch.