- Mick Foley comes out, reads his index cards of resignation, and goes off.
- Stephanie McMahon cuts a great promo and FIRES Mick Foley.
- Stephanie was outstanding here.
- Sami Zayn shows up to stand up for Foley, but Foley doesn't want him involved.
- Joe comes out and a match is set.
- To add to this, as Foley is leaving Raw, he runs into Sheamus and Cesaro, which is really nice continuity. He also embraces Bayley, before Triple H taunts him with "have a nice day!"
- This was excellent TV.
Samoa Joe defeated Sami Zayn
- What can I say? This ruled. This was PPV quality, awesome stuff. This whole first set of segments was a great way to spend 40 minutes
- Joe hits a crazy suicide dive, and Zayn with the bullet tornado DDT.
- Zayn was able to get the edge early by hitting a tope con hilo on an unsuspecting Joe. Zayn is getting really good psychologically, picking where he does this move.
Charlotte defeated Dana Brooke
- It's a bummer the week after getting "Dana" chants, the crowd just wanted Paige.
- This is short and harmless, and Charlotte wins.
- Dana Brooke needs to head back to NXT.
- Bayley guilt trips Stephanie for being evil. Stephanie responds by giving Nia Jax a shot at getting into the WrestleMania title match in a NO DQ Match tonight.
- Stephanie isn't happy that Sheamus and Cesaro are getting along like peas and carrots (Sheamus is the carrot), and for hugging Foley. She books a 2-on-4 handicap match against their Mania opponents. They have to win to stay in the match.
- New Day pre-tape. Probably a pretty good call.
- EMMALINA VIGNETTE.
- Throughout the show we get GREAT Brock/Goldberg videos. Good stuff.
Talk Is Jericho
- Chris Jericho shows us "The Real Kevin Owens," and shows a picture of 16-year old Owens in a Y2J shirt.
- He also shows an Owens twitter DM of him asking for advice to not piss people off in WWE.
- Jericho cuts a good promo and says Owens won't be able to hang with him in the ring, because when the bright lights are on at Wrestlemania. He'll shell up and become a fan.
- Samoa Joe distracts Y2J and Owens jumps Jericho from behind. This was another good segment, on-fire.
Brian Kendrick defeated TJ Perkins
- I thought for sure we'd get Paige chants during this match.
- Perkins starts out fast, furious and high flying, but the crowd is making a peep.
- TJ Perkins has to act like a total moron and go off on the ref, then gets beaten.
- Kendrick reveals he stole Tozawa's passport. Heh.
No DQ Match
Nia Jax defeated Bayley
- Bayley always finds some unique spots to fit into her matches. Stuff I haven't seen before. Not like, giant spots, but cool, little stuff.
- There's a really cool ragdoll spot from Nia Jax.
- Nia holds a chair up to her face for Bayley to kick. Ok.
- Wrestlers have to stop posting their hands before kickouts. It telegraphs things.
- More CM Punk chants. Real winners.
- Nia Jax victorious, and is added to the WrestleMania match.
- I guess Bayley is in the same kind of match Alexa is. Defending against all available Raw women superstars. All three of them.
- Triple H blames the fans for the shape Foley and Rollins are in.
- He offers Rollins two tickets, but then challenges Rollins to sign a waiver so they can fight and he won't get sued.
- I had a lot of people ask why Daniel Bryan couldn't to the same, but I'd imagine head trauma is a no-no even in storyline.
Sheasaro defeat Enzo, Cass, Gallows & Anderson
- Graves is amazed Enzo didn't reference B.I.G in Brooklyn.
- The Club, Enzo and Cass take each other out immediately, and Sheamus hits a Brogue kick. Like, okay.
Austin Aries defeated Tony Nese
- Austin Aries is getting NO showcase matches. I'm told they're having him knock the rust off. Either way, he vs. Neville is a solid WrestleMania match.
- This match is also solid, and Aries picks up the win.
- Neville comes out and he and Aries go back and forth. Aries does a decent British accent.
- Aries finish is called the "Discus Fivearm." Oh.
Roman Reigns vs. Braun Strowman
- That YA BOY shirt is all over TV!
- Someone is under the ring.
- Destroy the stupid vest, Braun.
- This is much slower paced than their Fastlane match.
- Roman goes from throwing terrible clotheslines to some pretty awesome forearms.
- Strowman and Reigns turn the heat up, but the lights go out!! The Undertaker is here!!!
- Taker chokeslams Strowman, who bumps like a bad ass. SPEAR! Reigns don't give a shit.
- The Undertaker sits up and we're off the air!