IC Title Contender Battle Royal
Jeff Hardy wins
- Miz is in the ring, but is interrupted by Kurt Angle who says there will be an IC title match at No Mercy and next week on Raw.
- Battle royal time! Hardys, Big Show, Elias, Finn Balor, Jordan, Good Brothers, Among others.
- Gallows, Anderson.....and Balor eliminate Big Show. This is a tease.
- A battle royal is a nice way to set up easy filler matches, or start feuds and alliances.
- We get the random Bray Wyatt attack and he eliminates Finn Balor and disappears. Dumb.
- Jason Jordan goes full veteran mode, rolling Jeff Hardy out of the way of blowing a spot.
- Jordan eliminates like three people, but then Hardy tosses him over.
- Fun stuff.
Enzo Amore defeated Noam Dar
- Enzo announces his own opponent, GNOME DAR!
- Enzo got in his Conor McGregor reference.
- They're doing an angle where Enzo has to keep making weight. That could be fun.
- Enzo is such a fantastic seller that he makes Dar look vicious.
- Enzo wins with Eat Defeat.
- Neville is unconcerned. I have no clue why Tozawa ever beat him for the title at this point. Dumb call.
Brock and Heyman promo
- The real story of this promo is that it leads to Brock cutting Heyman off.
- After Heyman puts over Braun Strowman, Lesnar says he's taking him to Suplex City and drops the mic.
Cesaro (w/ Sheamus) defeated Seth Rollins (w/ Dean Ambrose)
- A pointless, but surely fundamentally sound match. Normally I'd say the winner picks the stipulation, but they just did that with the Hardy Boyz during the last feud.
- The Rollins Buckle Bomb was SUPER janky.
- I'm glad Cesaro got a win with an uppercut. Nakamura got one with the Triangle choke last week. Solidify these moves!
- Sheamus tells Dean Ambrose they're up next.
Dean Ambrose (w/ Seth Rollins) defeated Sheamus (w/ Cesaro)
- A cool stretch muffler into a sitdown powerbomb from Sheamus, who then attacks with the cloverleaf.
- Dean Ambrose connects with a Tornado DDT, Sheamus with a super rolling samoan drop.
- They're treating this like a PPV match, it's just not as good as one, unfortunately.
- There is a HILARIOUS finish where the ref pretends to not see Seth Rollins in the ring after he kneed Sheamus.
Social Media Match
Emma defeated Mickie James
- I find the idea of Emma obsessing over social media pretty funny. Mickie James is her victim this week. They have a stipulation. If Mickie wins, Emma can't say she started the Women's Revolution, if Emma wins, Mickie has to tweet a hashtag of Emma's choice.
- Emma has a shitty new theme.
- Emma wins pretty quickly after being kicked a few times. This match was nothing.
- She runs up the ramp saying "I started the women's revolution."
- John Cena says that Reigns is protected and afraid to fight him.
- Reigns tells Cena that he's not as big of a deal as he thinks he is. SOLID.
- Cena is acting like a guy who is worried about his spot when he really shouldn't be. He calls Reigns a Cena bootleg.
- John Cena facilitated a situation where both guys looked like dipshits.
- Roman Reigns says John Cena holds down talent, but he's the one guy Cena can't touch.
- They're CHOOTIN.
- Cena says it took Reigns five years to cut a half-decent promo.
- My God.
- Cena says he barely main events anymore and he elevated the United States title, while Reigns took it as a demotion.
- Cena says he's there because Reigns can't do his job.
- I thought both Reigns and Cena came off looking like babies, but as it turns out, I'd watch babies land sick burns on each other all day.
- The Good Brothers come out and get a match.
John Cena & Roman Reigns defeated The Good Brothers
- Reigns laughs as Cena gets kicked in the head.
- If I were WWE, I'd have Reigns switch gear, music, and stop beating off his hand before he punches people.
- Finishers in stereo. The BIG DOGGIES WIN!
- At this rate, Reigns & Cena are in line for a tag team title shot.....................................................................
Walk with Elias
- Elias is singing, interrupted by Jerry Lawler -- new concept.
- Elias brings out Pelvis Wesley from Southaw Regional. My god.
- He gets his ass kicked REAL PROPER.
- In true WWE form they bring somebody over from Southpaw Regional and JOB EM OUT.
Raw Women's Championship
Alexa Bliss defeated Sasha Banks (c) to win the Raw Women's Championship
- "It's Boss time" is one of Cole's more unusual intros.
- Alexa is really good and changing her look up little by little from week to week.
- Sasha hits a cool flying double knees to the outside as we go to break.
- A hairsnap backbreaker. Damn. Later a sweet Infrared lands.
- Continuing her awesome offense, Bliss hits a big superplex. You don't see that a lot out of the women.
- Banks Statement is reversed and Bliss pins Sasha. Outstanding match
- Nia Jax comes out and attacks Sasha. She turns on Alexa Bliss by hoisting her on her shoulders and slamming her.