- This whole thing was used to set up a Roman Reigns vs. Chris Jericho title rematch tonight.
- Roman Reigns really, really isn't the one to be in this spot -- at least right now.
Luke Gallows (w/ Karl Anderson) defeated Cesaro (w/Sheamus)
- Awesome that they announced that they're adding a second ref to the match at Royal Rumble.
- This was your typical hoss match, but Cesaro has regressed in the ring a bit.
- I really wish there was some sort of catalyst for Club's newfound success. It's good to help have a definitive turning point.
- Luke Gallows wins with a flapjack. Which I guess is like....kind of half of the Magic Killer? I don't remember him winning a singles match in WWE, but he did.
Bayley Interview and backstage crappenings
- These sit-down interviews are so much better than the crappy backstage interviews. We get ones from Charlotte and Bayley. It's much more natural.
- I thought Charlotte sold the idea that she could be in the WNBA or the Olympics well. She established that she chose WWE. A good part of the interviews.
- Mick Foley looks about 15 years younger with the new haircut.
- Sami Zayn has to fight Seth Rollins for his spot in the Rumble. Man, that's a hell of a match on Raw. Neither man are happy about it.
- Week 17 of Emmalina vignettes. The Brodus Clay ones only went on for 9.
Winner gets a spot in the Royal Rumble
Sami Zayn defeated Seth Rollins
- The Blue Thunder Bomb is a beauty of a move. I don't understand why it isn't his finish.
- I feel the same about Rollins' Falcon Arrow. Just beautiful.
- It seemed like Rollins had been a step behind usual in his first few months back. Not anymore. He's back.
- About seven minutes in, and this was already awesome.
- We got a Slingblade out of a Rainmaker wrist clutch, which was cool.
- The crowd is hot for this match. Good performers + good performance x stakes = YEAH.
- Seth Rollins goes for a Pepsi Plunge, but Zayn gets a sunset flip powerbomb. This just keeps getting better. Then a Pedigree to the apron!!!
- Triple H's music hits! Mind games! There is no Triple H!!
- Sami Zayn wins on a small package!! Oh my god!
TJP, Mustafa Ali and Jack Gallagher defeated Drew Gulak, Tony Nese & Daivari
- This was a good way to showcase the cruiserweights. Fast, furious action.
- Lots of cool spots in this match, but I'd put them on earlier in the night.
- Ali's Imploding 450 is a sweet, sweet move.
- Ten years ago Shooting Star Presses had to be cleared by Vince.
New Day always get interrupted
- New Day are out to have fun, but get interrupted by Enzo and Cass. Cass is in the Rumble.
- They're interrupted by a (HILARIOUS) Rusev, Jinder Mahal and Lana. Then Titus.
- Titus announces an 8 man tag, but there are 5 babyfaces and 3 Hee..OH IT'S BRAUN STROWMAN, THEY ALL DEAD.
Braun Strowman, Rusev, Jinder Mahal & Titus O'Neil (w/Lana) defeated New Day, Enzo & Cass
- Yeah, Braun wins the match. That's really all there is to say about that one.
- Big Show comes down for a faceoff, Strowman leaves.
- Why does Strowman give a fuck how Big Show is?
United States Championship
Roman Reigns defeats Chris Jericho (c) via DQ
- The best thing about this was Owens on commentary.
- "Break his code, Chris!"
- Owens causes a DQ to save Jericho's title and further the feud with Reigns.
- Reigns ends up locking Owens in the shark cage. Jericho holds on to it, but gets Superman Punched. I enjoyed this. Hell of a spear by Reigns on Jericho, too.
Nia Jax squashes a jobber
- Last week's segment was really well done.
- Nia killed a jobber, then sounded like a valley girl on the mic. I guess they can't all sound like monsters.
- Sasha beats the hell out of Nia with a crutch and gets the double knees off the apron. Another pretty good segment.
Rich Swann defeated Noam Dar (w/ Alicia Fox)
- I have no doubts that Alicia Fox can make Dar interesting.
- Remember when Alicia Fox managed DJ Gabriel? Well, this is already better than that.
- This was too short to care about, but Swann's spin kick was nice.
- Neville has pyro prepared for whenever he's called out, apparently -- because Swann called him out and there it was.
- Alicia Fox is brilliant in a post-match interview backstage, as is Dar. Cedric was until a forced line.
- Goldberg comes out bleeding. He headbutted a door. Genius!
- He cuts a promo that sounds like a guy who just ran his head into a door.
- Heyman is out, followed by Lesnar.....followed by....THE UNDERTAKER!
- We go off the air, Nitro style. Well
- The cruiserweights have been used much better of late. I've been enjoying them.
- Wouldn't be surprised to see Rollins granted the #1 spot in the Rumble later this week.
- Goldberg is a terrible promo.
- This was a passable Raw, but they can do much better.