The National Wrestling Alliance will officially return to action on March 21 with the pay-per-view offering Back for the Attack.
NWA Powerrr is also set to return every Tuesday beginning March 23.
Both shows will air on Fite TV as part of an exclusive deal between the two companies.
Speaking on Busted Open Radio, Nick Aldis discussed how the deal came about and interest from another streaming platform.
"There was interest, and an offer, from another streaming platform. I was made aware of it by Billy [Corgan] when the time was right. I was aware of Fite's growth over the last year. They were a company that was able to benefit from the limitations put on by a lot of us by COVID because so many live events could no longer sell tickets and pivoted to pay-per-view. Fite had a monster year and I got to take part in a roundtable ahead of the Mike Tyson vs. Roy Jones Jr fight and I was privy to how much revenue that fight generated. I went, 'If I'm Fite TV and had all this revenue, I might be looking to add more to our portfolio.' I threw it out there and said (to Billy), 'Maybe give Fite a chance to see if they are interested.' I handed it off, a few days went by, and Billy said, 'we're going with Fite. They made a great offer.' It's an unprecedented deal for them and a new frontier for them to enter into an exclusive broadcast rights deal as opposed to strictly pay-per-view. We're stoked. It's great to have a partner who is looking for us to succeed," he said.
Later in the interview, Aldis was asked about another potential showdown with Cody Rhodes. The two famously wrestled at All In with a rematch taking place at NWA 70th Anniversary. Rhodes captured the NWA World Heavyweight Title at All In, though Aldis wrestled it back in a two-out-of-three falls bout at NWA 70th Anniversary.
Aldis commented on a potential third match between the two, while also dropping some more knowledge on the NWA and Fite TV deal.
"I'm focused 100% on the long-term prosperity and success of the NWA. Anything that gets presented, that's the first criteria it has to meet. Like All In, long-term that was great to build my brand and the NWA brand. Taking [AEW] circumstances out of the equation, because it's not every day that someone with that level of wealth and influence decides to get into the industry. When you talk about the NWA, you're talking about a company that went from a YouTube show in 2017 to a multi-million dollar streaming deal in 2021. I'm pretty pleased with that and that's why I stuck with it and am committed to the long-term success and growth," he said.
No matches have been announced for NWA Back for the Attack, but Aldis said there have been interesting discussions for who will challenge him for the NWA World Title on the show, saying the name "may come out of left field," but he's excited about it.
If you use any of the quotes above, please give a h/t and link back to Fightful for the transcription.