Welcome to the Fightful.com live discussion & coverage for the 7/7/2022 edition of IMPACT Wrestling, live on AXS TV & YouTube. We will bring full results and breakdowns for every match and segment on the show. Follow Fightful on Twitter.com/Fightful and Facebook.com/FIGHTFULONLINE
- There was a video package highlighting the most recent IMPACT Wrestling special "Against All Odds", which included Josh Alexander retaining the IMPACT World Heavyweight Championship against Joe Doering and more matches.
X-Division Championship Match
"Speedball" Mike Bailey (c) vs. Alan Angels.
This was Alan Angels' first match since leaving All Elite Wrestling. You can watch his interview with Fightful's Sean Ross Sapp after leaving AEW here.
The match began with Angels and Bailey shaking hands before Angels slapped Baley's face. Bailey hit a leg sweep on Angels before kicking his chest and hitting multiple side kicks on Angels. Bailey hit a middle rope moonsault on Angels to the outside of the ring. Back in the ring, Angels hit a back elbow on Bailey before hitting a lariat on Bailey onto the apron. Angels hit a running Frog Splash on Bailey from the apron to the outside of the ring. Back in the ring, Angels went for a pinfall, but Bailey kicked out. Angels and Bailey exchanged chops before Angels hit a Northern Lights Suplex for a near fall. Angels went for a top rope move, but Bailey hit a Cobra Kick on Angels. Bailey hit a spinning kick, an ax kick, and a running corkscrew splash on Angels for a near fall. Bailey went for a Shooting Star Stomp on Bailey, but Angels hit a double stomp on Bailey's back. Bailey hit Angels with a leaping enziguri kick, but Angels caught him with a running Spanish Fly. Angels and Bailey exchanged strikes before Angels hit a forearm strike. Angels hit the Halo Breaker on Bailey for a near fall. Angels went for the wing snapper, but Bailey reversed it with an O'Connor Roll for a near fall. Bailey got Angels with the Shooting Star Knee Drop for the pinfall win, retaining the X-Division Championship.
Winner & Still X-Division Champion: Mike Bailey.
- Cody Deaner and Joe Doering attacked Angels and Bailey after the match, with Doering hitting a lariat on Angels and a nasty shoulder tackle on Bailey. Deaner hit a DDT on Bailey before he called out IMPACT Champion Josh Alexander, saying that it is not over until they say it's over. Instead of Alexander, it was Eric Young who came down the ramp to confront Deaner and Doering. After the commercial break, Eric Young asked them what the hell happened, before saying that it was not designed by him and that he was the designer of the faction. Deaner told him that he thought that Violent By Design winning the title was the mission, but Young told them that it was not the case. Young told them that he thought Deaner and Doering were different from the people from the crowd, saying the people in the crowd are worthless. Deaner told Young that he needed to give them a chance to make it right, which Young accepted but told them that the world belongs to him. Young walked out of the ring before staring down Deaner and Doering.
- IMPACT Emergence announced for August 12, 2022.
- Honor No More cut a promo backstage, with Mike Bennett and Kenny King saying that IMPACT Wrestling was the problem and that they cannot be stopped now. Maria Kanellis said that they cannot accept failure before Eddie Edwards asked PCO how much he believed in Honor No More's message. Edwards told PCO to show that failure was no longer an option in his match against Black Taurus later in the night.
- Deonna Purrazzo was interviewed by Gia Miller, saying that Mia Yim was seeking relevancy. Chelsea Green told Miller that when you mess with The Virtuosa, you mess with her. Green and Purrazzo were confronted by Gail Kim, revealing that Green was going to face Mickie James on the 7/14/2022 edition of IMPACT Wrestling, with Purrazzo barred from ringside.
Laredo Kid vs. Trey Miguel.
Laredo Kid and Miguel locked up, with them exchanging head lock before Laredo Kid went for a shoulder tackle. Miguel evaded Laredo Kid's offense with a leapfrog but landed awkwardly in his left leg. Miguel hit a Spanish Fly on Laredo Kid. Laredo Kid hit a chop/leg sweep combination on Miguel before hitting him with a face buster. Laredo Kid went for a Tope Suicida but Miguel evaded and hit a one-legged Spring Rope Moonsault on Laredo Kid to the outside before the commercial break. Laredo Kid hit a low-drop kick on Miguel's left leg before locking in a Single Leg Crab. Miguel broke the hold with a rope break, but Laredo Kid got Miguel's belt and hit him with it. Miguel went to the top rope, but Laredo Kid pulled him off the top rope, with Miguel's back being slammed on the turnbuckle. Laredo Kid got Miguel in the Figure Four leg-lock, but Miguel got another rope break. Laredo Kid went for an Avalanche Spanish Fly, but Miguel hit a forearm strike on Laredo Kid to drop him off the top rope and hit a shotgun dropkick on Laredo Kid. Miguel hit a step-up stomp before hitting Murphy's Law on Laredo Kid for a near fall. Laredo Kid hit a Michinoku Driver on Miguel for a near fall. Miguel and Laredo Ki exchanged near falls before Laredo Kid slapped Miguel in the face. Miguel hit a Crossroads on Laredo Kid for the pinfall win.
Winner: Trey Miguel.
- There was a video highlighting Ric Flair's TNA Debut from 2010 in advance of his retirement match.
- Cody Deaner and Joe Doering went around the locker room before confronting Motor City Machine Guns (Alex Shelley and Chris Sabin). Motor City Machine Guns and Violent By Designed brawled backstage.
- There was a video vignette highlighting the return of Killer Kelly to IMPACT Wrestling.
- James Storm and Chris Harris were interviewed by Gia Miller, with Storm saying that they did not know they were going to reunite as "America's Most Wanted". Harris said that "Against All Odds" was a night he will never forget. James Storm said that there was no telling what was next for the Cowboy before walking out of the interview. Storm returned to his locker room to finish his beer before being confronted by Steve Maclin. Storm challenged Maclin to a match for the 7/14/2022 edition of IMPACT Wrestling.
Black Taurus (w/ Crazzy Steve) vs PCO (w/ Vincent).
The match began with PCO and Black Taurus locking up before colliding in the ring twice. Black Taurus hit an uppercut on PCO, to which PCO reacted with a running splsahs. Black Taurus hit an uppercut, a lariat, and an enziguri kick on PCO before hitting an arm breaker on PCO's left arm and a chop block for a near fall. PCO launched Black Taurus to the outside of the ring. PCO brought Black Taurus back in the ring before clotheslining himself and Black Taurus out of the ring. PCO a Tope Con Giro on Black Taurus through the middle rope to the outside of the ring. PCO hit the De-animator on Black Taurus onto the apron. Back in the ring, PCO got a near fall on Black Taurus, with Black Taurus kicking the camera-man. Taurus hit a reverse sling blade and a normal sling blade on PCO before hitting a top rope elbow drop on PCO for a near fall. Black Taurus went for a corkscrew senton, but PCO evaded before hitting a running forearm strike and a Scorpion DDT on Black Taurus. PCO hit a Moonsault Knee Drop on Black Taurus for the pinfall win.
Winner: PCO (w/ Vincent).
- Mike Bennett, Eddie Edwards, Matt Taven, Maria Kanellis, and Kenny King came to the ring to celebrate with PCO before Heath came from behind to hit the Wake-Up Call on Kenny King. Heath ran away to the crowd.
- Gia Miller interviewed The Good Brothers, Ace Austin, and Chris Bey, saying that Honor No More are not good fighters. Bey said that he was hungry, with Austin saying that he was starving for some action against Honor No More. Karl Anderson challenged Honor No More to a match for the 7/14/2022 edition of IMPACT Wrestling.
- IMPACT Digital Media Champion Brian Meyers walked around backstage before being confronted by Zicky Dice and Johnny Swinger. Bhupinder Gujjar challenged Myers to a match.
Shera (w/ Raj Singh) vs Rich Swann
Swann evaded Shera's offense before slapping Shera's face. Shera got Swannin a double-hand choke, but Swann escaped. Shera hit a back-breaker/gorilla press toss on Swann. Shera stomped Swann's neck before hitting him with a cross face strike. Shera slammed Swann in the corner before sending him to the opposite corner with an Irish Whip. Shera hit two corner spears on Swann before hitting an over-head toss on Swann. Shera went for a Corner Splash but Swann evaded and hit Shera with a 619. Swann hit a cannonball on Singh on the outside before hitting two vertical kicks, a spinning kick, two low vertical kicks, and a spinning kick on Shera. Swann hit a 450 Splash on Shera for the pinfall win.
Winner: Rich Swann.
- Gisele Shaw was confronted by Tenille Dashwood and Madison Rayne, asking them why there was a picture of Dashwood with a red X. Shaw revealed it was a threat from Masha Slamovich, possibly revealing The Inspiration's next feud. Dashwood will wrestle against Masha Slammovich on the 7/14/2022 edition of IMPACT Wrestling.
- IMPACT Knockout's Tag Team Champions Rosemary and Taya Valkyrie were backstage, with Rosemary being livid for confronting The Inspiration in a two vs three. Rosemary said that she will go to the "Undead Realm" to get Havoc, with Taya Valkyrie volunteering herself to come. Rosemary told her that it was not safe, but Taya told her that she was still going.
- Josh Alexander & Motor City Machine Guns will wrestle against Violent By Design on the 7/14/2022 edition of IMPACT Wrestling, with the match kicking off the show.
#1 Contender's Match for the Knockouts Championship
Deonna Purrazzo vs Mia Yim.
Yim and Purrazzo locked up before Purrazzo slammed Yim's head to the mat. They locked up again, with Yim getting Purrazzo in a headlock. Yim went for a shoulder tackle, but Purrazzo was unphased. Yim and Purrazzo pushed each other multiple times before Yim got the shoulder tackle on Purrazzo. Purrazzo hit a toe-hold trip before getting Yim in a Lavelle Lock. Yim escaped the hold and hit an arm drag on Purrazzo. Yim hit a drop kick on Purrazzo through the bottom rope before hitting a Tope Suicida on Purrazzo on the outside of the ring. Back in the ring, Yim got Purazzo in four pinfall attempts getting four near falls. Yim hit Hurrinacarana on Purrazzo. Purrazzo hit a DDT on Yim's leg before hitting the Penta Arm Breaker on Yim. Purrazzo targeted her offense on Yim's arm before stomping Yim's bent arm. Purrazzo hit a snap mare on Yim for a near fall. Purrazzo got Yim with a double-wrist lock on the floor. Yim broke the hold by hitting an arm drag on Purrazzo. Yim and Purrazzo headbutted each other, with both collapsing to the ground. Yim hit two lariats, a normal dropkick, a shotgun dropkick, a helluva kick, and a cannonball on Purrazzo for a near fall. Yim hit Eat Defeat on Purrazzo, but Purrazzo rolled out of the ring. Purrazzo hit a big boot on Yim for a near fall. Purrazzo went for Queen's Gambit, but Yim evaded the move. Yim went to the top rope, but Purrazzo tossed Yim off the top rope. Yim launched Purrazzo onto the ring post before hitting a Code Blue for a near fall. Yim and Purrazzo exchanged chops and strikes before Yim hit a big bot. Purrazzo hit a Russian Leg Sweep before transtioning into a Fujiwara Arm Bar, but Yim reversed it into a pinfall attempt. Purrazzo hit the Queen's Gambit piledriver on Yim for a near fall. Yim hit a powerbomb and a Package Piledriver on Purrazzo for an extremely close near fall. The two exchanged strikes before Yim hit soccer kicks on Purrazzo before hitting another Package Piledriver and another Eat Defeat kick on Purrazo for the pinfall win, becoming the #1 Contender for the Knockouts Championship.
Winner: Mia Yim.
- IMPACT Knockouts Champion Jordynne Grace came to the ring to congratulate Yim on her win. The two shook hands, with Yim standing tall to end the broadcast.