Sean Ross Sapp's running Raw Blog!
- So JeriKO didn't actually plot the end of Roadblock, Owens legit believed that he lost his friend. So everyone is stupid except Jericho.
- The Hug of Jericho. Excellent.
- The shots at Michael Cole were pretty funny.
- Mick Foley comes out in a horrible Christmas sweater.
- Reigns vs. Owens at the Royal Rumble with Jericho suspended above the ring. Well, then.
- Owens and Jericho continue to be great, attacking the structure verbally. Hilarious.
- Reigns needs to drop the United States title, by the way.
- Mick Foley can't find the right key in his fanny pack to let Jericho out of the cage. I enjoyed this way more than I should have. FOLEY JUMPED TO LET HIM OUT! It didn't work. Lol
- Owens and Jericho have a hilarious backstage segment later in the night as well.
Big Cass vs. Rusev
- Rusev cuts off Cass' catchphrase, and Cass is mad. Cass should be mad at the guy who played Rusev's music. Not Rusev.
- Cass goes crazy and punks Rusev out for the DQ. I love that Enzo is being a thug and encouraging it.
Sasha Banks promo
- Sasha out on crutches. Good move.
- Nia Jax comes out. Hopefully Sasha can yank a good match out of her.
- Jax was good and abbreviated here.
- Foley unveils new tag team titles, which are the same as Smackdown's, just red. Nice.
- Strowman is backstage killing stuff. GOOD!
Cedric Alexander (w/ Alicia Fox) vs. Noam Dar
- I like the pairing of Cedric and Alicia Fox. She's too much of a talent to leave off of TV.
- They're finally allowing a little character to shine through in this division....finally. Both before and after the match Dar got a little something
- Cedric Alexander makes everything look so effortless, but why did he need a handspring before that kick?
- Stop letting wrestlers say "you see" in promos. That and "My name is" need to be canned.
- Dar's creep character is great.
New Day Promo, New Day, Sheamus & Cesaro vs. The Club & Shining Stars
- This was just there. Not good. Not bad. Just there.
- Sheamus isn't funny.
- How were The Club allowed to come out? They've lost five title matches.
- The Shining Stars?!?!? No! Why?!
- They all brawl. I can't wait to not give a shit about this match. If there is one person who cares about this match, write 1000 words on it and I'll run it on Fightful.com tomorrow.
- Neville being a heel is good, but his promo was weak. Everything about this was weak. Neville had a right to be upset in storyline.
- Kendrick is being shoehorned in here, but I figure any of the associated matches will be good.
- Enzo Amore has to go through sensitivity training. I can't wait for this.
- Bob Backlund is still on the road. Well.
- Enzo making bad jokes is what he should be outside the ring. It fits him.
- These segments could have been good, but they weren't.
- Enzo makes fun of Jinder, which was funny. Jinder and Rusev end up jumping him hardcore and put him through a table. Enzo sells it great.
- Strowman shows up, kills Titus O'Neil and Sin Cara, tosses Cara into some presents. Sweet!!!
Charlotte promo, match with Bayley
- Charlotte says she's the greatest WWE Superstar ever. Well she is better than Moolah. Not hyperbole.
- Bayley comes out and makes her case, and the crowd is into her. Charlotte wants to face Bayley after she's reminded she's 0-2 against her.
- Bayley needs to never do that riding spot to a top level talent again. It looks like total shit.
- This match didn't click. The Columbus crowd has seen Bayley wrestle a dozen times since last year, so they seemed to let it go.
- Weird finish where Charlotte's shoulder was actually up. Ah boy. These two need some work together on the house show loop, and they'll be fine.
Shield 0.66 vs. JeriKO
- Another one that was hard to care about. Why do Rollins and Reigns get along again? Any explanation? Nah, just insult our intelligence.
- Seth Rollins hasn't looked more "on" since returning than this match. Back-to-back blockbuster spots looked awesome!
- Braun Strowman shows up and kills Rollins and Reigns! Great way to get someone over and to weave a mid-card storyline into their main one.
- So help me God, they better not screw this Strowman deal up by having him lose to Reigns.
- A very missable show tonight outside of the Strowman stuff.