Randy Orton On Vince McMahon Allegations: It F*cking Hurts My Heart

Randy Orton says he would not be where he is without Vince McMahon.

Vince McMahon resigned from WWE and TKO on January 26, shortly after Janel Grant filed a lawsuit against him and WWE, alleging sexual assault and sex trafficking. McMahon has denied the allegations, but he is under federal investigation. Randy Orton, a 14-time world champion, worked for McMahon for many years. He missed over a year with a back injury, and the company had already transitioned to new leadership under Triple H and Nick Khan during his time away.

Jon Moxley's AEW Return, Chris Jericho's Meeting With HOOK And Taz Set For 4/17 AEW Dynamite

Speaking with Justin Barrasso of Sports Illustrated, Randy Orton discussed the new era of WWE; the company started a new chapter when Vince McMahon re-signed amid the allegations.

“I’ve got to say this–I wouldn’t be where I am without Vince McMahon taking a chance on me a handful of times. I would not be where I am today without Vince McMahon. But, f---, I’m reading this sh--. What you’ve seen and read, I’ve seen and read. As far as commenting on that, it f------ hurts my heart. It hurts my heart," Orton said.

Orton continued by noting that a lot changed while he was out, and Triple H and Nick Khan are doing an amazing job. He made it clear that he is excited to work for WWE under this new regime.

"So much happened while I was out. When I left, the old guard was still doing its thing. Vince was still around. TV’s were getting rewritten over and over again. The writers were being held up until all hours in the morning. All that changed. I am excited to work for WWE. Nick Khan is amazing. Triple H being in charge of creative is amazing. I’ve had a relationship with him for over 20 years. I went to his wedding back in ‘03. We’ve been at odds before when I was a f--- up when I was young, and I won him back. He’s seen me go from an adolescent assh--- prick who didn’t know what I was doing–I was an insecure punk, that’s what I was. I’m the oldest sibling in my family, but he’s like an older brother to me in many ways. He’s always been there and had the best of advice," Randy Orton said.

Orton went on to detail how, in the past, he would have to keep working when he wanted some time to heal, but the new regime has been very supportive. He emphasized that the company has changed, and he's happy.

“Throughout the course of my career when my back was shot to sh--, there were many times I went to the powers-that-be and said I’d have a longer career if I was off some of these shows so my back could heal up. Instead of 20 days overseas in Europe, I’d say, let me do just 10–or miss a TV once a quarter. I was denied at every turn. ‘I’m sorry Randy, I need you at these shows.’ ‘Sorry, Randy. Mother Nature gets us all.' Since I’ve been back, post-spinal fusion, and I’m talking like Chicago Survivor Series, Triple H and Nick Khan reassured me to come to them if I needed anything and they’d take care of it. They’ve already proven they weren’t full of sh-- when they said that. If something is bugging me and I don’t want to put my body through a physical toll of a match, I can still make the TV, cut a promo, and hit an RKO or two. That is going to enable me to do this for a long time. I’m very happy with the changes, and I’m very happy that Nick Khan, Triple H, Bruce Prichard and all those guys are proving they mean what they say. The company changed, and they care about the talent. I think everybody feels the same way," Orton said.

Check out John Cena's comments about the allegations against Vince McMahon here.

Click here to see what Orton had to say about CM Punk's return to WWE.

Fightful Select has reported more information about the lawsuit against Vince McMahon.

Get exclusive pro wrestling content on Fightful Select, our premium news service! Click here to learn more.