Welcome to Fightful.com's live coverage & discussion for NXT. We'll be bringing you full, fight-by-fight coverage of every match on the card. Follow us on Facebook! Facebook.com/FightfulOnline.
- We are welcome to the Capitol Wrestling Center by NXT commentator Vic Joseph.
Mandy Rose (w/ Gigi Dolin and Jacy Jayne) vs.Sarray
The match begins with Sarray and Mandy Rose with a tie-up. Sarray goes right after Rose; Rose goes between the ropes to avoid Sarray. Rose takes Sarray down; however, Sarray comes back and takes Rose down with a quick kick. Sarray hits Rose with a fisherman's suplex and pin combination move. Rose kicks out at two. Sarray goes for a diving crossbody; however, she misses. Rose capitalizes on the mistake and lands a series of punches and kicks on Sarray.
Rose hits Sarray with a quick suplex and goes for the cover; however, she only gets two. Sarray makes it back to her and hits Rose with a few punches, and Rose hits Sarray with a fallaway slam just moments later. Rose stretches out Sarray's neck; Sarray rolls out of it and has Rose in a combo submission. Rose gets out of it by sticking a thumb into the eye of Sarray's left eye. Sarray recovers and gets some strikes in on Rose and then hits Rose with a basement dropkick. Rose falls out of the ring, Gigi Dolin and Jacy Jayne run to the rescue of Mandy Rose. They get a towel and help her to the back, the referee counts to ten, and Sarray gets the victory by count-out.
- Tommaso Ciampa cuts a promo on Pete Dunne, Ridge Holland, Oney Lorcan, and Danny Burch for taking out Timothy Thatcher. Ciampa says they messed up, and he has nothing to lose. He kicks his chair, and we go to our first commercial break.
Kyle O'Reilly vs. Duke Hudson
The bell rings with Duke Hudson going right in on Kyle O'Reilly; O'Reilly gets the first few shots in on Hudson. However, Hudson comes back real quick, and he gives O'Reilly a big boot and knocks him right down. Duke Hudson is manhandling O'Reilly; Hudson is hitting O'Reilly with multiple knees and a few European uppercuts. Finally, Hudson hits O'Reilly with a big hip toss and then throws him into the corner turnbuckle hard.
O'Reilly is down, and Hudson begins attacking O'Reilly's midsection. Finally, O'Reilly is lifted high and slammed down hard onto the right knee of Duke Hudson. We go to our first picture-in-picture commercial break with Hudson in complete control. During the break, Hudson is stretching out O'Reilly and will occasionally throw a couple of punches. Hudson has been going after O'Reilly's ribs the entire match.
Hudson delivers a heavy elbow to the head of O'Reilly. The elbow set O'Reilly off; O'Reilly comes at Hudson with a variety of strikes. First, O'Reilly attacks the lower body of Hudson; O'Reilly took too much time with the next attack, and Hudson hits O'Reilly with a hammering punch to the chest of Kyle O'Reilly.
Hudson hits O'Reilly with a belly-to-back suplex; Hudson goes for the pin; O'Reilly kicks out at two. O'Reilly hits Hudson with a rope-assisted dragon screw. O'Reilly hits Hudson with a flying knee, and then O'Reilly locks in the heel hook, and Hudson taps out.
Winner: Kyle O'Reilly
- There is a short advertisement promoting the Dexter Lumis and Indi Hartwell wedding set for September 14th.
- Ilja Dragunov comes to the ring to cut a promo. Before he speaks, the crowd is chanting, "you deserve it, you deserve it." Dragunov wanted to show that he is alive, and he wants to show that he went through the biggest battle of his life. Dragunov says he "likes it here, and you will see him here again soon
- Arash Markazi interviews Kay Lee Ray, and Kaylee says she showed up because she is here to dominate everyone, and Mr. Regal knows that I am the right person for NXT.."
- Carmelo Hayes is asked how he is feeling after winning the NXT Breakout Tournament, and he says he might challenge for the NXT North American Championship or go right after Samoa Joe. He is then interrupted by Santos Escobar, and Escobar says the North American Championship is his and needs to back off. Hayes then says, "did I just get threatened?"
Imperium vs. Drake Maverick and Grayson Waller
Fabian Aichner and Grayson Waller start things off, and Aichner takes down Waller real quickly. Aichner tags in Marcel Barthel; Barthel comes in and destroys Waller with ease. Waller gets up and tags in. Drake Maverick is in now, and he clears the ring after the hot tag. Grayson Waller tags himself in, and Maverick said "what are you doing?" and Imperium capitalizes and takes out Waller real quick and Maverick also.
Imperium double-teams and takes out Waller with the Imperium Bomb and then pins Waller for the quick victory.
- We have a Backstage Segment with Johnny Gargano and Indi Hartwell; Hartwell says to give Johnny a chance, and he says okay, but Dexter needs to keep creeping him out.
- We get a backstage segment with Pete Dunne, Ridge Holland, Oney Lorcan, and Danny Burch talking about their challenge to MSK and Tommaso Ciampa.
- A backstage segment is shown in which Gigi Dolin and Jacy Jayne attack Sarray for what she did to Mandy Rose.
LA Knight vs. Johnny Gargano (w/ In-Dex)
The bell rings with LA Knight and Johnny Gargano going right at it; Knight takes Gargano out real quick with a quick bodyslam. However, LA Knight is in control and slams Gargano down hard; the crowd is behind Gargano. Gargano has Knight in a headlock; however, Gargano has to let go because Knight grabs the ropes.
Gargano hits Knight with a big dropkick; Knight starts getting rocked with multiple chops from Gargano. Knight hits Gargano after grabbing Gargano with a handful of hair. Gargano recovers quickly and sends Knight to the outside of the ring. Gargano hits LA Knight with a tope suicida; Gargano continues the attack. Knight takes his attention off Gargano and yells out the NXT universe. Knight hits Gargano with a slingshot shoulder tackle.
Gargano attempts to go for a backslide pin attempt; however, Knight kicks out and immediately hits Gargano with a big neckbreaker. Knight attempts to land Gargano with a big knee but misses.; Gargano hits Knight with a flat liner. Gargano hits Knight with a slingshot shoulder tackle. Gargano then goes for the pin; Knight kicks out at two. Knight hits Gargano with what appears to hit a pop-up inverted power slam. Knight sends Gargano to the outside, but Lumis catches Gargano.
Gargano tells him to put him down, and Lumis pushes Johnny away and stops Drake in his tracks. Knight gets in the face of Dexter Lumis; Gargano nails Knight with a superkick. Gargano gets Knight back into the ring, but before ending the match, he sees Lumis put his hand out at the request of Indi Hartwell. LA Knight gets back and uses the distraction as an advantage and hits Gargano with the BFT and pins Gargano for the win.
Winner: LA Knight
- MSK heads to Mr. Regal's office, and they tell him they accept Danny Burch and Oney Lorcan's challenge for the NXT Tag-Team Championship. Regal says he would take it away from Lorcan and Burch after their attack last week on Thatcher, but he obliges and gives them the match next week.
- We get a promo video featuring Mei Ying, and they announce that she will wrestle on next week's episode of NXT.
Jessi Kamea (w/ Robert Stone and Franky Monet) vs. Raquel Gonzalez
Raquel Gonzalez takes down Jessi Kamea real quick with a body slam; Kamea is back up and goes right at Gonzalez and gets a strike in. Gonzalez takes down Kamea with another quick slam, Gonzalez goes for a big boot, but Kamea avoids it and takes Gonzalez down by using the rope. Gonzalez is shown favoring her knee, and Kamea gets a few strikes in on Gonzalez; however, Gonzalez recovers quickly and takes down Kamea with the one-arm powerbomb and then pins Kamea. After the match, Gonzalez stares down Franky Monet.
Winner: Raquel Gonzalez
- Ember Moon says she requested some camera time, she says, "knows why Kay Lee Ray wants to talk about me so that she can build a name for herself," and Moon challenges Kay Lee Ray to a match on next weeks NXT show.
- Wade Barrett is sitting down with Samoa Joe. Barrett asks Joe what is his expectations as an NXT Championship. Samoa Joe did not afford the chance to have a nice camp like others were for a championship match. Joe says it's important to carry the legacy of the NXT Championship; guys like Shinsuke Nakamura and Finn Balor. He says whoever comes after the title will have to set the standard to be the NXT Champion.
Roderick Strong Open Challenge
Roderick Strong (w/ Malcolm Bivens, Creed Brothers, and Hachiman) vs. Ikemen Jiro
The match begins, and Roderick Strong takes down Ikemen Jiro real quick. Strong punishes Jiro and slams him down real hard, and sends him outside of the ring. Strong goes outside of the ring and attacks Jiro and some more. Strong hits Jiro with a hip toss into the metal stairs.
Strong has Jiro back in the ring and hits Jiro with a variety of moves again. Jiro tells Strong that he made a mistake. Jiro is now getting some offense in on Strong; Jiro hits Strong with a springboard moonsault. Jiro appears to be going for a superkick; Strong hits Jiro with a flying knee and then hits Jiro with the End of Heartbreak Backbreaker to get the win.
Winner: Roderick Strong (w/ Malcolm Bivens, Creed Brothers, and Hachiman)
- Cameron Grimes is asked how he is doing since Ted DiBiase left; while Grimes was answering the question from McKenzie Mitchell, he is interrupted by Zack Gibson and James Drake, and they insult him and say he is cosplaying as a champion. Grimes drops a belt on the foot of Gibson and walks off laughing.
Tommaso Ciampa vs. Ridge Holland (w/ Pete Dunne)
Ridge Holland and Tommaso Ciampa go after each other right away; they each hit each other with a few heavy shots. First, Holland hits Ciampa with a big belly-to-belly suplex. However, Holland goes right after Ciampa; Ciampa gets some offense in and sends Ridge Holland to the outside of the ring. Ciampa is going after Holland, but Oney Lorcan and Danny Burch cut Ciampa off, and Holland takes advantage.
Ciampa, however, avoids the distraction and goes right back after Holland. Ciampa has Holland in the ring and hits him with a big running knee. Lorcan and Burch get on the ring canvas and distract Ciampa; Ciampa swings at Burch but misses. Holland then takes control of the match and starts just working on Ciampa. Holland clubs Ciampa in the lower back; Ciampa recovers, and then Ciampa starts clubbing Holland multiple times. Finally, Ciampa hits Holland with a huge clothesline; Ciampa is going for the Fairytale Ending, however Holland counters and slams Ciampa down hard.
Holland goes to pin Ciampa, Ciampa kicks out. Holland hits Ciampa with the Alabama Slam; Ciampa is selling that his neck previously injured neck is causing him problems. Holland and Ciampa are exchanging multiple punches. Ciampa hits Holland with a Fireman's Carry and then hits Holland with a big backdrop. The action gets closer to the ropes, and Ciampa hits Holland with the Widow's Peak, and Ciampa gets the victory.
After the match, Dunne, Lorcan, and Burch get in the ring to start attacking Ciampa. MSK comes out and makes the save. Wes Lee and Nash Carter take out Danny Burch and Oney Lorcan, and as they head to the ring Pete Dunne and Ridge Holland escape. They help Ciampa up, and they watch Dunne, Holland, Lorcan, and Burch walk away as they stand tall in the ring and the show goes off the air.
Winner: Tommaso Ciampa